Potential idea to expand the Epic Prowess feat line?

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Fan

Potential idea to expand the Epic Prowess feat line?

Post#1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:59 pm

I could create a Epic Prowess II, III, IIII, more ...

1. Each gives +1 magical AB and +1 magical damage.
2. Give high level fighter and other feat free class something to pick offensively.

Samyx

Re: Potential idea to expand the Epic Prowess feat line?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:01 am

Hello
I think that fighters are not that feat free than expected. They have many, but those are eaten fast by many needs.
I really think Fighter class need an overhaul to be the real mighty fighters, instead of potentially boosting all classes.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am

Yeah, we definitely need to overhaul the class. We talked about it before and all agree its overdue.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

kc2345

Post#4 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:28 am

Allowing Epic Prowess to scale to X could lead to some rather insane, super fighter-heavy builds. Here's a spear/shield user I just threw together that has 109 AC and 101 AB with Epic Prowess X, and 36 (!) Fighter levels.

https://nwn2db.com/build/?331589

I would say that with the exception of rogues, who are way overtuned with their set and underpowered without, the other 8d12 set users are roughly on par with one another once equipped with their respective sets.

That is, fighters are roughly on par with Barbarians, Swashbucklers, Monks or Thugs in terms of overall combat performance once they have a full set.

This Epic Prowess thing might push Fighters above the others though, but only via introducing super Fighter-heavy builds for the feats.

Fan

Post#5 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:03 am

My idea is to make these feats general to all classes. Fighters may benefit more because it has more feats than others. There are two reasons for it.

1. It is PnP compatible. Epic Prowess can be taken multiple times in PnP.

2. It solves the Bard dip problem partially. The bard dip problem exists because people want a way to buy AB via feats. This at least partially addresses it.

Aenain

Post#6 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:11 pm

Fan wrote:My idea is to make these feats general to all classes. Fighters may benefit more because it has more feats than others. There are two reasons for it.

1. It is PnP compatible. Epic Prowess can be taken multiple times in PnP.

2. It solves the Bard dip problem partially. The bard dip problem exists because people want a way to buy AB via feats. This at least partially addresses it.

I don't feel it does address the bard dip issue. Why would I spend 10 feats, when I could take 2 and 2 class levels and almost match it?

fox

Post#7 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Suggest making fighter purist feat available at lvl 18 not 19 to make these feats better.

Epic Iron Sides
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Constitution [strike]21, Epic Toughness I, Fighter Purist
Range: Personal
Area of Effect / Target: Self
Duration: 1 Hour / Level
Uses Per Day: 4
You gain damage reduction 20/adamantine. The feat effect absorbs 10 15 points of damage per caster fighter level, to a maximum of 300 600, before fading. You gain an extra 50 points of damage absorbtion for each Epic Relevel attained.

Epic Arcane Resistance
Duration: 6 seconds / Level 1 Hour / Level
Uses Per Day: 2
Prerequisite: Constitution 21, Strength 21, Steadfast Determination, Fighter Purist
Creates a barrier around fighter that absorbs all incoming spells and spell-like abilities. It can absorb up to 10 + Strength modifier + 2 + 4 for each Epic Relevel attained spell levels.

Epic Smite Inspired
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Wisdom 13, Fighter Purist
Saving Throw : Fortitude
Range: Touch
Cooldown Time : 15 Seconds

Specifics: This feat allows the character to make a special attack against Clerics, Bards, Druids, and Spirit Shamans.
Fighters apply their Strength modifier to their base attack bonus vs targets Fortitude save at DC equal to Strength modifier + BAB + ER Level. Damage is equal to 1d10 + 4 positive damage for every 2 levels of Fighter levels + Strength modifier + 10 for each Epic Relevel attained.
On successful hit (target fails Fortitude save), there is a 20 + Strength modifier percent chance that target will be stripped of all magical effects if target fails saves.
Use: Selected. Epic Smite Arcane only affects creatures with levels in Cleric, Bard, Druid, and Spirit Shaman.

Epic Smite Arcane
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Intelligence 13, Fighter Purist

Specifics: This feat allows the character to make a special attack against wizards, sorcerers, and warlocks.

Fighters apply their Strength modifier to their base attack bonus vs targets Fortitude save at DC equal to Strength modifier + BAB + ER Level. Damage is equal to 1d10 + 4 positive damage for every 2 levels of Fighter + Strength modifier + 10 for each Epic Relevel attained.
On successful hit (target fails Fortitude save), there is a 20 + Strength modifier percent chance that target will be stripped of all magical effects if target fails saves.
Use: Selected. Epic Smite Arcane only affects creatures with levels in wizard, sorcerer, and warlock.
Last edited by fox on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aenain

Post#8 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:06 pm

I like the ideas and write up Fox. I just am not seeing how it helps the AB issue for melee.

fox

Post#9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Aenain wrote:I like the ideas and write up Fox. I just am not seeing how it helps the AB issue for melee.

The ability to strip casters of magic effects should make hitting easier? 40% at 50 STR.
Just being more durable will also lend to more hits? Up to 850hp dmg absorption, 4 times a day. 50 levels of spellcasting absorbed twice per day
Not having to invest so many fighter purist classes will allow for more AB magic class dips.
These are substantial beef-ups to the class.
Last edited by fox on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fan

Post#10 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm

fox wrote:28 fighter is really the max you should ever take anyhow.
However even if well planned out you can have 1 or 2 dead choice of fighter only feats and not be able to tap the feats from your other class or classes also in the build.
There are 4 epic purist fighter feats, lets just touch these up.

Epic Iron Sides
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Constitution [strike]21, Epic Toughness I, Fighter Purist 21 fighter type class levels
Duration: 1 Hour / Level
Uses Per Day: 4
You gain damage reduction 20/adamantine. The feat effect absorbs 10 15 points of damage per caster fighter type class levels, to a maximum of 300 600, before fading. You gain an extra 50 points of damage absorbtion for each Epic Relevel attained.

Epic Arcane Resistance
Duration: 6 seconds / Level 1 Hour / Level
Uses Per Day: 2
Prerequisite: Constitution 21, Strength 21, Steadfast Determination, Fighter Purist 21 fighter type class levels
Creates a barrier around fighter that absorbs all incoming spells and spell-like abilities. It can absorb up to 10 + Strength modifier + 2 + 4 for each Epic Relevel attained spell levels.

Epic Smite Inspired
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Wisdom 13, Fighter Purist 21 fighter type class levels

Specifics: This feat allows the character to make a special attack against Clerics, Bards, Druids, and Spirit Shamans.
Fighters apply their Strength modifier to their base attack bonus vs targets Fortitude save at DC equal to Strength modifier + BAB + ER Level. Damage is equal to 1d10 + 4 positive damage for every 2 levels of Fighter fighter type class levels + Strength modifier + 10 for each Epic Relevel attained.
Use: Selected. Epic Smite Arcane only affects creatures with levels in Cleric, Bard, Druid, and Spirit Shaman.

Epic Smite Arcane
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Intelligence 13, Fighter Purist 21 fighter type class levels

Specifics: This feat allows the character to make a special attack against wizards, sorcerers, and warlocks.

Fighters apply their Strength modifier to their base attack bonus vs targets Fortitude save at DC equal to Strength modifier + BAB + ER Level. Damage is equal to 1d10 + 4 positive damage for every 2 levels of Fighter fighter type class levels + Strength modifier + 10 for each Epic Relevel attained.
Use: Selected. Epic Smite Arcane only affects creatures with levels in wizard, sorcerer, and warlock.

I think these suggestions are all reasonable. It is also easy to do. I will change that soon.

Return to “General Discussions”