Many of us like the spider crypt, for many reasons :
- XP grinding
- Item grinding
- A place where many players gather and talk about builds, spells, tweaks, tricks
- A major trading place
Ok, so it is more a gathering place than a mere crypt. Yet is is located in a far away place which is long to reach, is part of a quest, and so on.
What about the following idea :
- Spider crypts are now accessible through the Port of call tavern in trinity, through a dialog with Falan
- Falan already has a script that checks if players are above level 8 to reach Hlintar, so he could have a second check for players to be at least level 27 to reach crypts => Removes leechers
"Oh, but there is another thing you could do for us ! our sewers below are infested with spidies ! want to help ?"
- When you exit from crypts, you arrive in Port of call tavern, through the doors that goes "below".
- Crypts do not give the lloth tower key anymore, it is given by the tower boss directly, or he ports us directly in the tower place upstairs, or whatever. It has become useless to have two ways to solve this quest indeed, one very short, one with spider fighting.
I propose this having in mind that to gather, people are going to a PUB, not in underdark, and that would shorten the way a bit more.
Well, just an idea ! If devs could tell us if that is a 5 mins change or a painful thing, that would be interesting to know.
What about players ? what do they think ?