Constant - update on server change

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
louballic2

Constant - update on server change

Post#1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:17 pm

I also play on Myths of Atalan - and when log into Trinity it does a 30MB update - and from Trinity to MoA my machine does a 30MN update and so on - -It seems they are using the same names for some file or some such. I will also post on MoA about this.

Brumm

Re: Constant - update on server change

Post#2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:56 am

It is highly recommonended that you play with a clean installation on ROT. Especially your override folder should be empty at all time.

If you wan't to play on different PWs you can create a copy of your MyDocuments/NWN2 folder and add a suffix to it which helps you remember which folder works for which PW. Whenever you log into one of the PWs you simple rename your folders so that the game uses the correct one.

Itaasi

Post#3 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Brumm wrote:If you wan't to play on different PWs you can create a copy of your MyDocuments/NWN2 folder and add a suffix to it which helps you remember which folder works for which PW. Whenever you log into one of the PWs you simple rename your folders so that the game uses the correct one.

You can also create a shortcut of NWN2 for each of the PW's, where you add -home "D:\path\to\documents\folder" to the Target line of each shortcut.
That way you can keep a folder for each of the PW's and won't have to do anything manually. when you switch between the 2 PW's. :)

Lady Seline

Post#4 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:32 pm

I just want to say that this is a very VERY helpful and informative post Itaasi.

Pls. pin/sticky this Brumm for any future visitors. Having and example command line for individual server file pathing whatnot is very useful.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Are there any specific files that you can share? We have very specific names for all of our tlk, trx, and hak files, so I'm a bit piqued on what could be conflicting with another server.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

louballic2

Post#6 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 am

was that last post a specific request - for me to note file names - on server change?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Yes, if you could give me an example of a file is interfering with another server. Thanks!
Brian Bloom

louballic2

Post#8 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 am

loads 45MB update
hak\rot.2da.hak not sure i got the name exactly right they go by pretty fast then many mus_wg_catacombs.bmu and similar file names - no idea why it would want to reload so many music files.

And on a Note on adding -home folder name to nwn2.exe - i failed dismally - kept saying no such path - i need a better example. I am using windows 7 - its not obvious the path to the my documents where the module is from C: drive - - perhaps i should try just putting the folder in the root directory of C: so typing a path to it is easy. Would that work?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:03 am

Very interesting. I highly doubt someone would have used that hak name since that is specific to our server, and if you stole it, you're not getting anything other than our 2da's for our server.
Brian Bloom

louballic2

Post#10 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:33 pm

i notice back the other way - it was all bmu files - included catacombs - - - - - - the hak file may have just been an update - - - but loading from Trinity to Moa was just bmu files sharing the same name.
I will continue to experiment with the different folder options

Return to “General Discussions”