Arcane set

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
Lady Seline

Arcane set

Post#1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:28 am

*Anita Mortisfillia storms into your office and clambers up onto the chair oppiste you, she pulls out a quill and scribes angrily in silence on the blank parchment you had ready for your important work...*

"I was browsing the sets and noticed the arcane one uses a quarterstaff as its 6th piece. That is abosolutely lovely as I rather like the blackstaff spell and when I'm older I'm sooo going to use it!

But... you must hate children. And I suppose also gnomish illusionists and halfling arcanists! Quarterstaves are large weapons... too big for me to carry, and I guess same goes for Halfling and gnomes. This seems unfair that we can't use timestop and loose out on 4 of our shield AC!

Is it possible to change the weapon to a knife? Something i can lift? Oh! Maybe make two different weapons exist out in the world we can find? One a knife, one a quarterstaff? Its not like you can use both at the same time... and doesn't the set prohibit the use of monkey grip to enforce this? "

*pauses in her scribing before adding*

"Ooooh... they'll just dual wield the dagger? Umm... maybe a nice club? Its a very simple, short staff, medium sized so I could carry it in two hands? Maybe lock it behind the race of Gnomes and halfling only?

*has stopped being angry having distracted herself and forgotten why she was there by puzzling over the dual dagger problem, she hops down off the chair, and offers you a boiled honey-sweet.*

fox

Re: Arcane set

Post#2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:13 pm

You might find item drops with said skill on them.

Brumm

Post#3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:53 pm

You should be able to wear a quarterstaff as a gnome if you have monkey grip.
I could remove the monkey grip equip restriction for small races so that you can use the staff even if you have monkey grip.

Would that help?

Greetings!
Brumm

Lady Seline

Post#4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am

"Oooooh! That would be fantastic fix. It would alow a 'child' to get the full set bonus if we invested in a feat. An acceptable compormise!"

*Offers a second honey-sweet to Brumm*

Brumm

Post#5 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Ok, I'll remove the Monkey Grip restriction for the whole set and let the quarterstaff block both hands instead.

The code changes are done and tested already but I need to make sure that all item descriptions get adjusted accordingly. Changes will go live probably this weekend.

Thanks for your input!

Brumm

Brumm

Post#6 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm

From my commit logs:

"[*] Arcane Set Changes:
- Monkey Grip Restriction removed
- Set quarterstaff blocks off-hand now
- Adjusted descriptions accordingly
(TLK update required)"

konst3d

Post#7 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Maybe just make arcane staff (1 per character)?
This will prevent dual timestops and other problems and I hope simplify things.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Lady Seline

Post#8 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:02 am

*writes a note*

Massive disadvantage of arcane staff: not classed as a quarterstaff, so prohibits the use of the blackstaff and orb of disruption spells.

Brumm

Post#9 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 am

It is a quarterstaff. I am using it with Orb of Disruption

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”