LLC offshoot branch

Forum for the Roleplayers to hang out.
Countyboar

LLC offshoot branch

Post#1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey all,

I’m thinking about starting another LLC (low level campaign). For those not familiar, LLC has been a fixture on ROT for the past couple/few years consisting of a series of RP focused events covering a long running story. The player characters are usually quite low level. For some genealogy, the official LLC was started by geovex, passed on to me, then passed on to Ant and Wiz.

This branch (for now called LLCO or LLC offshoot) won’t be associated with the official LLC that Ant and Wiz are running, that is to say they may continue their own LLC events independently of my LLCO at their own leisure. Right now, I just want to get an idea of who would be interested in attending these events.

Note that this does mean some level of commitment. Of course it’s not imperative every person be present for every single event, but in order to create a long running story, we need long running character presence. As an example, the LLC “seasons” I’ve dm’d in the past consisted of about 4-6 months of weekly/biweekly events, each about 2 hours long.

So to start off organizing, I’d like to know who would be interested in being part of LLCO. We’d be meeting on weekends, exact times to be decided. Please post here if you are interested!

Belferon

Re: LLC offshoot branch

Post#2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Very interested in doing some RP! Looking forward to it!

Thanks!
Corgano/Belferon

addict-ant

Post#3 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:56 pm

As discussed you can count on me - as a player or DM.

Tom D

Post#4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I would absolutely be interested! Love the fun of low level challenges - needs thoughtfulness and working together. Let me know.

Sergoros

Post#5 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:47 pm

All your llc events were fun to play in. Would surely like to play more :)

Countyboar

Post#6 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Great! It looks like we’ve got enough people to at least start. How does Dec 8 work as the first meeting? I’m looking at 10am New York time.

Also, how are people’s schedules for the next two Saturdays (the 15 and the 22)? I know that’s generally holiday season so I’m hesitant to start if we’ll just have to wait immediately after for traveling.

Assuming this timeline works, I’ll post a ruleset for characters and items. For now though, plan on at most ecl + 1. Additionally, if you pick an ecl + 1 race, you’ll be one level behind an ecl + 0 character in class levels (so if a human has two class levels, an ecl + 1 would only get one class level). If you have a character concept which really demands an ecl + 2 race, message me and we’ll talk it over and see what we can come up with.

Sergoros

Post#7 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 am

Fine by me. And preferences for the character created?

Countyboar

Post#8 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 am

This list might change as time goes on, but here are some rules:

///////////////

Start at level 2

No animal companions (with ROT scaling they’re waaay too strong). Similarly, no summon spells.

You’re build can not get the extraordinary competence feat (makes you too good at skill checks).

Skills will be useful, don’t hesitate to put ranks in skills not normally used on ROT

Normal mode characters

Don’t plan on any cheese in your build. It’s hard to precisely define cheese, but one example is taking levels of master of radiance when you already have max caster levels AND practiced spell caster. The ONLY reason to have made a build like that is to take advantage of the practiced spellcaster bug to bring your caster level above character level. If you’re unsure about something, feel free to ask. Better than an awkward confrontation later.

Make sure to have a backstory. It should generally give “life” to your character, meaning it should be consistent with how your character generally acts. As an example, if you say your character has always lived her life giving aid to every homeless person she sees because she used to be homeless, that’s fine so far. If the first thing you do in game is murder and cannibalize the first homeless person you see.... that just doesn’t fit. At the same time, your backstory doesn’t have to cover every facet of your character’s existence.

//////////////

Sergoros

Post#9 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:41 pm

Just a heads up. Brewing a tank role character. Plate armor, tower shield, etc. Prolly wont be able to hit shit tho. But who knows, mby he would be better, than I thought.

addict-ant

Post#10 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:22 pm

I should be good for the 8th and weekends after :P

Return to “Roleplaying Forum”