BETA TEST REQUIRED: SPAWNER SYSTEM

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
Brumm

BETA TEST REQUIRED: SPAWNER SYSTEM

Post#1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello everybody!

I changed our spawner system to avoid the hickups we get when too many creatures are spawned at the same time. It is impossible to predict what this change will do. It might be that things get buttery smooth or way worse. That's why we really need some heavy testing of the new spawning method on beta. Brian is preparing Beta right now and it should be up at this point.

You don't need any beta patch for the change but we need as many runs as possible. What you should look for:
1. Do you notice any changes in performance during the spawning process after you enter a new area?
2. Do you get any green log messages with "spawner failed"?
3. Do you run into any problem with the story because creatures are not showing up?

So if you planned to grind on production, please consider to do that on beta. I'll grant you more than the XP you will loose for not playing on production during your tests.
Thanks in advance!

Direct Connect: server.realmsoftrinity.com:6551
Password: betatester

Agom

Re: BETA TEST REQUIRED: SPAWNER SYSTEM

Post#2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:13 pm

There are some performance changes and big issues with main story creatures, which are detailed below. In answer to your questions:

1. Instead of game freezing for a few seconds when spawning lots of creatures, game lags and goes very slow until everything has spawned. The time from entering the map to when I can move normally seems to be slightly longer now.

Near the end of 2:9 at the dragon boss fight, the 5 dragons spawned in quite slowly one by one, instead of being all there instantly as normal.

2. No.

3. No problems with creatures not showing up but several problems with talking to important quest creatures. I've come across these examples.

Cannibals of the Forest - Talking to Harmaatar doesn't trigger the final fight of the quest. All you can do it keep talking to him repeatedly.

3:9 - Can't talk to Rayan to trigger the final fight of the quest. Clicking on him does nothing.

Talking to creatures to start these quests worked as normal.

Edit: The quests above were new for my character. I tried replaying an old quest, 2:9, and all the talking parts worked out fine at the end.

1 issue though with creatures not showing up in this quest though. I accepted help from the Lord of The White Order but the 2 soldiers that you are given did not spawn. I did have a familiar and an Epic Gate creature at the time so not sure if that may have caused the soldiers to not spawn.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#3 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:21 am

Brumm, I have an idea to put things back to the way it used to work, where once activated, a spawner will spawn their mobs, which will happen while the PC is transferring in to a run instead of waiting for the pc to enter the area. That will make spawning seamless period. The only draw back is that mobs for the entire run will be spawned in when the run starts, but honestly with all the performance boosts we have and the rock ribbed stability it wont be an issue.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

addict-ant

Post#4 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:47 am

Sounds good :D

Wonder if that may solve the infrequent d/c issue with Doom Vault...

Brumm

Post#5 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:45 am

@Agom: Can you please give me your ingame account name. I'll credit your account with some banked XP for your help. Thanks for your report!

@Brian: Interesting! Catch you later on Discord hopefully. I might have another idea too btw.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#6 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:41 pm

In the mean time, I reverted the 2014 change that held creature spawning to a player hit the area. Runs will now spawn when activated from the conversation of the previous area and eliminate the load lag spike when all are spawned in for the area.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Brumm

Post#7 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:35 am

Agom, I granted you 3mil XP for your testing. Thanks again!

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”