REWARD FOR BETATESTS

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
Brumm

REWARD FOR BETATESTS

Post#1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:47 am

Hello everybody!

We really need excessive beta testing of the new spells and the new corpse decay time (details in my commit logs). All changes are on beta now and can be tested with the new betapatch. The betapatch can be downlaoded here:

http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/downloads/betapatch.rar

Just copy the .tlk to your MyDocuments/NWN2/tlk folder and the haks into your hak folder. Please keep in mind that the betapatch gets overwritten if you connect to the production server. So if you connect to production you need to apply the betapatch again.

Port for the betaserver is ":6551" and the password is "betatester".

The first player who runs a storyline quest on beta and who posts a report about potential bugs (especially bugs with the longer corpse decay time) here gets 2 shards per quest! The second player gets 1 shard per quest! If you find a serious bug you might get something nice on top of that.

Thanks in advance!

Brumm

Brumm

Re: REWARD FOR BETATESTS

Post#2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Quick update:
[*] Corpse Explosion is NOT on beta so far. We didn't push everything accidentaly.
[*] The duration visual effect of Squall is NOT working at the moment.

Agom

Post#3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:51 pm

I've run through the first campaign using a level 40 ER4 Sorcerer/EK/FM build and this is what I found.

• Greater Shadow Evocation spell - description says that Greater Fireburst can be chosen but it does not appear in selection list.
  • Light Sensitivity penalty for drow says -2 in race description but is only -1 in game.
  • Slight jumping/stuttering on screen when clicking on ground to move. Happens randomly for a brief moment then returns to normal. Does not happen when using WASD or holding down mouse button to move.
  • Ice Storm description says it does bludgeoning and cold damage but combat log says it only does cold damage.
  • Known bug for Squall observed, although an white glowing effect can be seen on the character when walking through the Squall area.
  • Squall spell description should state it also affects magic that requires a ranged touch attack. The way it's worded makes it sound like it only affects physical ranged weapons, (longbow, throwing axe, etc).
  • Think Squall miss chance calculation is wrong. I'm playing with a CL39 character so the miss chance should be 78%. Instead it is 92% for me. Don't know if the ER levels affect this calculation or not.
  • Corpse Explosion spell was in the beta server for me. It could be chosen and used but had no effect until it randomly started working properly during the Atlantis part of the 1st campaign.
  • Visual effect that appears when Corpse Explosion blows up a corpse is much smaller than its area of effect, which may cause confusion as to how far it can reach. Other AoE spells have visual effects that are the same size as its area of effect, (e.g Ice Storm/Scintillating Sphere).
  • No bugs spotted so far in relation to increased corpse decay time.

Brumm

Post#4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:18 am

Thanks for your great feedback!
I'll go through it as soon as I get the time and post details about everyhting you mentioned. And I'll credit your account with your well deserved shards of course. Just give me a day or two, please.

Thanks!
Brumm

Agom

Post#5 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:16 pm

The Squall miss chance calculation is correct. Just found out today that ER adds 5% CL per level so I was actually playing as a CL46 character. This means the 92% calculated was right.

Brumm

Post#6 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Yep, good catch! That was one of the easy things to answer for me ;).
I'll probably be able to give you a detailed feedback to your post on friday night or sunday evening.

Thanks again!
Brumm

Fraggle

Post#7 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Please check the Code of Creeping Doom!
We tested this Spell at PVP Mode to figure out some specifics.
The Results:
- it is an AoE Spell but you cant Bodysplit the Damage, as it effects only 1 single Player, despite Area was targetting
- after 1st Player is dead, spell effect jumps to the next Player
- so it dosnt effect more than 1 Player at the same time and this is complete different to the old Creeping Doom Version and feels wrong.
- so actual Creeping Doom is not only deadly for single Player, it is deadly in Partymode too

Brumm

Post#8 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm

@Fraggle: Will do.

@Agom: Could you give me your ingame account name, please? I wanted to credit you some shards for your reports but was not able to find your account.

Thanks!
Brumm

Agom

Post#9 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Brumm wrote:@Agom: Could you give me your ingame account name, please? I wanted to credit you some shards for your reports but was not able to find your account.

Thanks!
Brumm

Account name is Shufflebottom.

Brumm

Post#10 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:05 pm

@Agom: Credited you 50 shards for your reports. Thanks again!
Let me try to replay as good as my very limited time these days allows:

[*] Greater Shadow Evocation spell - description says that Greater Fireburst can be chosen but it does not appear in selection list.
-> Good to know. I'll put it on my list.

[*] Light Sensitivity penalty for drow says -2 in race description but is only -1 in game.
-> I'll update the description.

[*] Slight jumping/stuttering on screen when clicking on ground to move. Happens randomly for a brief moment then returns to normal. Does not happen when using WASD or holding down mouse button to move.
-> There is nothing I can say about that. Do you use the client extension? Sounds like connection lag to me.

[*]Ice Storm description says it does bludgeoning and cold damage but combat log says it only does cold damage.
-> I'll put it on my list.

[*] Known bug for Squall observed, although an white glowing effect can be seen on the character when walking through the Squall area.
-> I am not sure what you mean. Squall on beta is currently missing the duration visual effect. We didn't upload it to keep the betapatch small. That PC's are affected is intended.

[*] Squall spell description should state it also affects magic that requires a ranged touch attack. The way it's worded makes it sound like it only affects physical ranged weapons, (longbow, throwing axe, etc).
-> Does it affect spells? It is not supposed to affect them. I just wanted it to affect physical ranged attacks.

[*] Think Squall miss chance calculation is wrong. I'm playing with a CL39 character so the miss chance should be 78%. Instead it is 92% for me. Don't know if the ER levels affect this calculation or not.
-> You answered that one already.

[*] Corpse Explosion spell was in the beta server for me. It could be chosen and used but had no effect until it randomly started working properly during the Atlantis part of the 1st campaign.
-> Strange. It simply didn't do anything? It worked like a charm on my tests.

[*] Visual effect that appears when Corpse Explosion blows up a corpse is much smaller than its area of effect, which may cause confusion as to how far it can reach. Other AoE spells have visual effects that are the same size as its area of effect, (e.g Ice Storm/Scintillating Sphere).
-> The custom visual effect for Corpse Explosion was not uploaded to beta. What you have seen is just one part of the effect. I hope the real effect matches the spellradius.

[*] No bugs spotted so far in relation to increased corpse decay time.
-> That is what I wanted to hear!

Brumm

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”