Warlock Set Chest Piece

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
Inasogard

Warlock Set Chest Piece

Post#1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Posting to request a quick fix for the Warlock set piece item. It is currently labeled as a "Plot Item" and therefore can not be forged. It only has 8 AC on it. If it is difficult to fix the "Plot Item" Problem, could we possibly change the AC from 8 to 12. I know the set is still in a beta phase mode. Also had a few suggestions for them

The bonus damage does not do much for a caster warlock. Can see where a melee character might help.
Some possible changes could be adding the following:
#1 - Practiced Invoker
#2 - Spell Penetration
#3 - Greater Spell Penetration
#4 - Empower and Maximize Eldritch blasts
(Also maybe putting those 2 skills on a 30 sec cool down instead of 3 times per day)
#5 - Full set increasing DC's of Blasts and Invocations
#6 - Epic Fiendish Resiliance I-V
Just some ideas
Thanks

Brumm

Re: Warlock Set Chest Piece

Post#2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 am

I'll remove the plot flags this weekend.

Practised Invoker, and Empower/Maximized Eldritch blast should be on the items already. Did you get a new set of items or are you playing with old ones? If you got new ones, I must have make a mistake in the code.

Brumm

Inasogard

Post#3 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:09 am

I got a new set from DM Ant the day after you posted. Not sure if we had to wait for a server reset or not. The new set does not have them on there though. Server was rebooted yesterday though, so could be that, not sure. I'll ask for a new set when I see a DM on again.

Thanks

Brumm

Post#4 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:14 am

Sounds like a bug to me. I'll take a look at it on the weekend.

Inasogard

Post#5 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks Brumm!

addict-ant

Post#6 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:08 am

We may have jumped the gun on swapping out the set. I also hear there maybe some bugs but Zan is still testing.

Grab me in game and we'll try swapping over again

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:50 am

I removed the plot flag off the blueprint and will be updated on next reboot.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Inasogard

Post#8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Ok, got my set replaced by Ant today! Thank you. Ant removed the "Plot Item" for me and I was able to forge the chest. Did some testing and here is what I am seeing

First, when I talked to Ant about the Enhancement bonus affecting Ranged touch attacks (rumor of lowering it in some older posts), I did not notice that. I bought the Practiced Invoker Scepter from the Jeannie. It had +2 Enhancement Bonus not Attack Bonus. When I tested on a few mobs with no weapon, I was getting +38 to ranged tough attack, with it equipped I was getting +40. I went and forged it to +10 enhancement and got +48 ranged touch on the same mobs. So Enhancement seems to affect Ranged touch attacks, AB bonus I did not check yet. Getting to broke to re-forge =)

For the set, I still do not see Practiced Invoker, Empower Eldritch Blast or Maximize Eldritch Blast on any of the pieces and they are not on the feat list anywhere under character description. There is also a repeatable bug to increase your hit points. Every time you wear the set, once the bonuses kick in, remove the chest, wait a sec or 2, re wear the chest and watch the bonuses get listed again and your hit points keep increasing. Every time you remove it and re equip it you get more and more hit points. I tried showing a screenshot of my Warlock with over 3,000 hit points but the file is to large. If you need to see it, pm me and I can email it to you. When I logged out and back in, it showed me with 3174/744 hit points because the bonuses had not kicked in. I rested and my hit points went back to 744/744, which did not have any bonuses from the set. You have to remove an item and re equip it to get the bonuses to kick in.

Next up is the special ability Warlock pet. If you look at his feats, he has the Epic Hellball spell. I have never seen him cast this, I have changed his settings all over the place, to overcasting, conservative etc. but he wont ever seem to cast it. He also has Divine Might, but never seems to use that either no matter what settings he is on. Anyhow that's all so far I can see. Suggestion to remove Epic Hellball spell and give him Quake Shock ability since he is more of a melee tank than a caster. Would help a bit with crowd control, just an idea.

That's all I have found so far, will test some more later.

Brumm

Post#9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:23 am

Thanks for your testing. Good job!
I'll take a look at the set on the weekend. Probably on Saturday or Sunday.

Brumm

addict-ant

Post#10 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:36 am

My apologies, I didn't realise you were low on gold, I will look to reimburse you for the extra forging you've been forced to do. For older players gold is plentiful but it's a very different story when you're new.

The hit point thing could be a temporary bug we've seen elsewhere, if so the first hit will recalculate them to what they're supposed to be.

Thanks again for the testing.

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”