Thug Swash. Set [Live Beta] - Tester Notes

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
MortisCorpus

Thug Swash. Set [Live Beta] - Tester Notes

Post#1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm

**Hit Point bonus is not scaling/applying appropriately.
-Only +25, where full set should be 150.

**Cloak Ability does not fire.

--Testers--

Zan
Fraggle

------------

As things become tested over the next week or two, I will keep these live beta notes updated. My testers, please post your findings here for everyone to read. I have no qualms about full public disclosure since it will all be on the public database when the product is ready for the next stages:

1) Live Beta data collection. (ongoing)
2) Adjustments and retrial from step one, till bug free.
3) Live release event.
4) Spawner plugin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Zan

Re: Thug Swash. Set [Live Beta] - Tester Notes

Post#2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:24 pm

https://ibb.co/irPPgn please, let me know, if you can't see picture of set items.
Hi.
Thank you for next set. :)
First more info about thug/swashbuckler set.
Set bonus 6 items {full}
*regeneration equal to your true dex mod. Regener is tripled if you have at least 21 level of swash/thug Type classes
*haste
*immunity to attack + skill decreases, mind spells, blindness.
*10% immunity cold, fire, acid, elec, sonic, magical, divine, piercing.
*SR equal your true swash + thug level minus1.
*Save bonus: +4. For every five swash + thug levels above 8th, get bonus+4 up to max 16.
*12str.
*+3 Browbeat DC {if applicable}
*acid/sonic/positive/fire damage = swash + thug levels. 2d4 10, 2d6 13, 2d8 16, 2d10 18, 2d12 21.
*AC +11 deflection, Armor. For every 3 swash + thug levels above 10, get another point of AC up to max of +15.
*150 HP
*Purist deviants {21+ swash + thug only}
*Immunity armor decreases
*+HP purist level*4 {132-160}

I saw at the end *tumble +10, but it happened just once. Need to test it with low tumble toon.
you need 10levels swash or thug. PrC count dread rirate, dread commando, due.

bug
**If you unequip ring of protection, you lose all set bonuses. Then you have to unequip one set and equip back.

one think, if you have over head AFK and unequip set item, then AFK disappear ;) , but on search window you will be still AFK.

ok, guys, could you write your suggestions about set.
What you want or one set for two base classes.
I expected high level around 35 as purist plus as purist I wanted +ab bound on weapon finesse weapons + range weapon.
For thug + DC for browbeat and low blow.
One feat..crippling strike
Last edited by Zan on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

addict-ant

Post#3 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:40 pm

I believe the ring of protection issue applies to all sets (if anyone knows different please correct me).

Samyx

Post#4 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Zan wrote:https://ibb.co/irPPgn please, let me know, if you can see picture of set items.
Hi.
Thank you for next set. :)
First more info about thug/swashbuckler set.
Set bonus 6 items {full}
*regeneration equal to your true dex mod. Regener is tripled if you have at least 21 level of swash/thug Type classes
*haste
*immunity to attack + skill decreases, mind spells, blindness.
*10% immunity cold, fire, acid, elec, sonic, magical, divine, piercing.
*Save bonus: +4. For every five swash + thug levels above 8th, get bonus+4 up to max 16.
*12str.
*+3 Browbeat DC {if applicable}
*acid/sonic/positive/fire damage = swash + thug levels. 2d4 10, 2d6 13, 2d8 16, 2d10 18, 2d12 21.
*AC +11 deflection, Armor. For every 3 swash + thug levels above 10, get another point of AC up to max of +15.
*150 HP
*Purist deviants {21+ swash + thug only}
*Immunity armor decreases
*+HP purist level*4 {132-160}

I saw at the end *tumble +10, but it happened just once. Need to test it with low tumble toon.
you need 10levels swash or thug. PrC count dread rirate, dread commando, due.

bug
**If you unequip ring of protection, you lose all set bonuses. Then you have to unequip one set and equip back.

one think, if you have over head AFK and unequip set item, then AFK disappear ;) , but on search window you will be still AFK.

ok, guys, could you write your suggestions about set.
What you want or one set for two base classes.
I expected high level around 35 as purist plus as purist I wanted +ab bound on weapon finesse weapons + range weapon.
For thug + DC for browbeat and low blow.
One feat..crippling strike

I don't understand the point of all those tumble bonus, as I understood only real skill points are counted in the dodge bonus, and 15 tumble was enough to prevent any bad effect, correct me if I am wrong ?
I also notice a double tumble bonus on the boots ?

So if it is not too late to request something...
1/ I would prefer massive skill bonus to bluff, taunt, intimidate, to make this playstyle a bit different

2/ Browbeat bonus could be scaling : Somehting like (thug+swash)/5 to replace ?

3/ And yes, crippling strike as bonus feat, for sure, as it eats a full class to get it, diminishing thug variety

That is it for me. Otherwise seems powerful enough.

Samyx

Zan

Post#5 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 pm

I tried purist swash plus PrC classes. I didnt find anything new. I cant test SR, dont have toon without SR.
Agree with Samyx about tumble. What about change it for dis and open.
I never use taunt {on items}, anybody uses it?

Samyx

Post#6 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:27 am

Yes, i have tried to play with high cha thug, aka the intimidator/bully/poser/catchmeifyoucanyou goody moron Fun to play but some help on these cha feats (intimidate/feint/taunt) would be welcome.
I could also test this if needed.
Crippling strike please !

kc2345

Post#7 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 am

I think the SR should at least beat racial SR to be worth anything. Perhaps (True swash + Thug)*1.8?

The set power-wise looks fairly close to the fighter set, and should make Thugs/Swashes able to compete on comparable footing.

Onomatopoeia

Post#8 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:54 am

Not sure if Crippling Strike would help as it is prereq for Epic Precision. Also a bit concerned with the Max Dex mod of 5 on armor. Will there be the different armor varieties found in some other sets? Dreamed of this set for a long time. Thanks for all the work!

Fraggle

Post#9 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

First testing Results, tested only with Swashbuckler lvls:
- Set fires Abilities like promised
- Steadfast Determination adds Conmodifier to Will Saves ( only CS proved )
- Haste is given too
- AC is given like described ( only CS proved )
- Saves are fired too like described ( only CS proved )

Boni which works different than described :
- 2 D10 is granted at lvl 19 ( not at 18 ) and 2 D 12 at 22 ( not at 21 ) once again only CS proved but usual CS shows damagetypes correct
- HP works like they should untill you equip Setitem number 5, this grants 125 total instead of 150
- was able to figure out the math for HP with Setitem Number 6, it fires the missing +25 HP ( 150 HP total) + 4 x Classlvl

This was only the first steps and almost Character Sheed proved. Further tests with different Classes will do too and combat log testings ( Saves, AC, SR ) will follow soon too.

Yes KC and Onomo, you are both right. Onomo Robe exist too.
I would please all Players to wait a bit with Suggestions for improving/changes on set. Will test 1 Toon at Endcontents with the set too for more experience. Many things to test and will all do public like Mortis wanted.
The Set itself is very Ambitious, as it should improve 2 different Classes.

Fraggle

Post#10 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:11 am

Combat Log testing Results with pure Swashbuckler Levels:

Same Results like Post before with Caharacter Sheed Test.
- Porgression of Damage Boni are 10/13/16/19/22, AC progression is the same so maybe just a simple correction of description is necessary
- HP progression is 25 per Setitem, so 125 ( not 150 ) with Setitem No.5 and 150 with Setitem No. 6, feels logical and maybe although only Descritpion Correction necessary
- Steadfast seems to work too

Many Thanks to Ant, who spend his Lifetime for easier and faster testing !

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”