Fighter Set

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
Brumm

Re: Fighter Set

Post#11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Found the issue in the code and committed a fix. It will be rolled out with the next server push. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the fighter set: If it is intended for the fighter set that you can get the whole set bonus by wielding two weapons of the same type, this needs to be handled by the fighter set code. The basic set rank function just calculates the set rank by using the old rules which means that two set items with the same tag count as one item.

fox

Post#12 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Complete game changer, So as I understand this was a long running bug that is now fixed to further reduce dual weapon wield players? Boy us dual weapon wield sure get the attention when there are others running around with all kinds of "bugs" to achieve 140 AC and AB? Complete imbalance. Let me remake my toon for the 1000th time due to all these changes. Also you make it harder to do all these rebuilds by making shards so damn hard to find.

kc2345

Post#13 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:18 pm

I believe the latest sets (fighter, rogue and barbarian) are intended to allow for the full set bonus by equipping identical weapons. Probably should get Mortis to confirm if this is so.

I am thinking it would be interesting to extend this to the Hexblade, BG, DD and Paladin sets to give them more flexibility, but would understand if these sets do not receive this treatment if it is deemed to be not desirable.

EDIT: Arcane set still showing up with bonus 1 tier lower than normal. DSM set works fine, but dual Sear's Anlace (one sorc, one unupgraded) allows me to get full set bonuses

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#14 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:15 am

I can revert the code for set item calculations to before Brumm made his changes. He is out of the country until late next week and won't be able to address until then. Thoughts?
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

addict-ant

Post#15 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:37 am

Good idea imo.

Caylin

Post#16 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:40 am

I agree.

MortisCorpus

Post#17 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 am

I always intended for dual wielders to get rank for both weapons.
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#18 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:20 am

Reverting back to commit from 10/7/2017. I will not commit the rollback to allow Brumm to keep his version until he can make fixes and we QA the heck out of them on BETA server before re-releasing.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Brumm

Post#19 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Greetings from Spain!
I'll take a deeper look at the issue when I am back in Germany and hopefully fix the problem forever. Too many failed attempts on this thing so far. And then I can take the special rules for the fighter set into account as well.

Brumm

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”