Barkskin & Shield of Faith

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
FalconTamer

Re: Barkskin & Shield of Faith

Post#21 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:02 am

The best solution to this (EDIT: "This" being the question regarding Epic Confluence) is either no solution, or a scaled solution, IMHO. People have taken EC and reaped the benefits of having it for however long as they had it and used it. A toon with EC that is over 1 year shouldn't be given back the same number of shards as a toon that took the Feat last week.

Case in point - I've been playing Laurentina for quite some time and she has had EC for well over two years - I don't expect anything in return for taking Epic Confluence. The amount of gold and drops that Laurentina received while possessing the Feat far surpasses the amount of shards spent to take the Feat.

Again, this is just my opinion.

FT

Itaasi

Post#22 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Just for clarity: Isn't the cost of Epic Confluence set at 35 and not 45?

Samyx

Post#23 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:12 pm

My own oppinion is that when rules change due to staff decision (even if that is one I totally agree with), I believe something should be done to compensate the loss for players, when relevant, that helps a lot to accept rule changes.

When I have killed my L32 druid with epic confluence to grab back some xp, my loss was my decision, so be it.
But here, this is not the case at all. I have 3 chars with Epic confluence for which this has become totally useless.

I have no intention to destroy them indeed, one is my main, one is my crafter

For info :
- Azrad
- Tanys
- Simara

The other EC-toons are casters so they will keep it of course.

gazoo

Post#24 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm of Falcon's opinion. Epic Confluence was meant to benefit casters. If you cheesed it for other reasons....them's the breaks. There are very many other ER-effecting spells that could be used in sequencers or scrolls, btw. So use your imagination.

I don't expect refunds. Also, I burned through hundreds of shards trying to figure out a thrower build. Same idea - part of testing and innovation.

(c'mon Samyx, I'm sure you are 100x as rich as I am, too.... ;> )

Wait until some other things get looked at tweaked and balanced (+20 SS shield, epic mage armor, etc). Price of positive changes.
Last edited by gazoo on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samyx

Post#25 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 pm

I do not see why it would be considered an exploit or cheesing to use the rules as they were. It was not me who had made them, but as every optimizer I used every bit of options available. I can't accept that this would be considered a insignificant enough way of using the rules. What is not forbidden can be used, that is the way I see things, whatever the way things were meant to be, and my imagination thrives in using everything that was meant to be used somewhere else, that is the way of powerbuilders, and I am not the better one by far.

As a game master myself in twenty years of RPins, I have never made the players pay the price of rules changes, and always accepted they were finding new ways to circumvent my challenges. Luckily that happened a lot.

Game rule changes, when they are made with autoritarism and "this is like that, shut up" are usually a good way to destroy the good will of players and provoke ressenting.

Now this small change I even welcome it, but I consider this could be FAIR to compensate the shard costs that was paid to benefit of this rule previous status, whatever the considerations about wether or not powerbuilding is good or bad.
We are talking there about a lot of shards ! This is not as easy to get as you think ! And No, I am not rich. I spend lot of my wealth on new players and even if I was so rich, I want to decide what I do with it.

Itaasi

Post#26 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm

I'm with Falcon and Samyx on this matter. If you're a non-caster, you should get some shards back, if you bought Epic Confluence for the benefit to Barkskin and Shield of Faith.
Play time since Epic Confluence was bought on said character should also be considered when calculating how many Wish Shards you get refunded in my opinion. I don't have a suggestion as to how that is calculated though.

Brumm

Post#27 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:08 pm

gazoo wrote:+20 SS shield

Already on the list.

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”