RoT 3.15 / 3.16 First look

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
moocowgaipan

Re: RoT 3.15 / 3.16 First look

Post#11 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 pm

First run impressions

First, nice job making things a bit smoother going solo with the faux refugees.

At the beginning of Ch. 16, Jared sends you to Halabrand in the East Suzail District. However, the journal entry refers to him as still being in the North, as in before the East District as added for 2.9 & 2.10.

I'm also seeing jack-over-squat xp-wise for the new stuff with a mid-30's toon. At 35th, 2.14 for instance offers about the normal mode xp as 2.11 does for a lvl 30/ER 4. In 2.16, I was getting 5 and 1 xp per kill. I felt sad.

Back to the positives to end things. If you're keeping the Beetles, thank you for not making them the new super-deadly ones, and keep the 2.16 bosses like they are. Otherwise, those players with massive defenses aren't going to be challenged so much as bored with a protracted battle (unless you REALLY get an "angry" on).
Sanctuary founding member

Brumm

Post#12 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 am

Hm, must be a one time problem with the spawner then. I had zero spawns in the first area and maybe 8 monster in the second.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#13 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 am

I'm thinking the open beta status is being missed here. XP and rewards are cut down until the chapter is "live". We have done this for a long time now, but with all the comments on low XP and rewards, I feel it necessary to point it out.

Yeah, Brumm, it was. The first time a run is executed after installation, not all spawners run properly due to them needing to be snapped to the database. Everything is in effect now, and spawning correctly every time. If you meant the first area where you talk to the royal guard, there is NOT supposed to be enemies in that area. Only areas 2-5 have enemies.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

gazoo

Post#14 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Works like a charm now. My compliments on the speedy detective work.

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”