RoT 3.15 / 3.16 First look

Feedback on test runs for open beta and more.
cMEfaiL

RoT 3.15 / 3.16 First look

Post#1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Hello people,
From today we have the new chapters on,thanks to everybody who made it happen!Me and Gazoo tried it shortly after they ware posted(i think we ware the 1st people in there ). Here is our feedback from the 1st runs. As we entered 3.15 there was no problem but when i get to the point in dialog when the enemies rush in it starts to lag, thought that its my pc(really old one) but Gazoo confirmed that when the battle starts there is at least 5s of delay (for me more) we had help from higher instance so we completed 3.15 even with the lag (its unplayable at least for me) and we started moving to 3.16.After talking with Jard we got ported in the void instead suz north(should be there in front of castle my guess). Then the journal says we should talk in East district with the 2.10 guard its all good but there is only 3.16 journal dependent jump no 2.10 jump i don't know is it for everybody or only for those who have 3.16 already can't confirm since i don't have charr witch is near to 2.10.And i was unable to load in first time trying to enter the combat area for 3.16.Second time i loaded we had big lag again teleporting from one place to other instead of running and people started shouting that they can't join server2(i had same problem 1st time after i tried to relog and Gazoo was still inside that area it says server timeout /can not be found even if you try to log from void to suz south).Thats all we saw in the new chapters they look pretty interesting but unplayable right now (for me at least)
ps:sorry for my bad english i know i can't type correct and my grammar is awful .

Good hunting all.

gazoo

Re: RoT 3.15 / 3.16 First look

Post#2 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:46 pm

^^ we tried to join server 2 both with direct port and through normal login unsuccessfully. No crash, just can't get in when someone is in new area. Seems to affect all other players trying server 2 connect. And I think lag affects entire server 2 as Zan was reporting big lag when he was there too (but not in the new stuff), iirc.

5+ second consistent lag bumps in there and jumping around.

And like cMEfail said: very exciting so far. Can't wait.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Server crashed and is why you couldn't get in. Had nothing to do with the run.

The cause was a relevel being kicked off. Not the new chapter. I will look in scaling down the battle some since it's high level high intensity.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Also, just noticed this. You need to run 3.16 to the end to get the re-run option for 2.10. Conversation coding would be too convoluted otherwise. Once you do 3.16, you will get the encore options for both.
Brian Bloom

gazoo

Post#5 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Just thought I'd mention that we were in the new quest-way of the manticore (area 2) twice before the reboot.

Behavior was identical both times. We were able to relog once both of us were out of the new stuff, regroup in Suzail N(no lag there), and go back in.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Sounds good. I will investigate it further.
Brian Bloom

adam

Post#7 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:19 am

at a certain point in the 3.15 fight I could not target anything with "TAB" or "\". Maybe coincidence, but I was standing outside the gate all four times this happened.

Brumm

Post#8 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:48 am

3.15: Great! Love it! Just the reward is still the one from CEXP.
3.16: The desert is a bit short on mobs.
After you enter the third area (I guess it was the third) everything becomes a slide show. Impossible to do anything (like gazoo and the others already reported).
Snakes in the Desert are still low level.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#9 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:36 pm

3.16 got something wonky going on in the 2nd area. Only happening on prod not doing it locally. Another reason I cant wait to get out of nwn2 development... :/

Working on it now.
Brian Bloom

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#10 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Found the issue was related to some of the new mobs for that area that weren't updated on prod. 3/16 is now playable all the way through. And I disagree about the number of mobs, there are plenty and scaling is in effect. I went solo with my caster and I had my hands full all the way through.
Brian Bloom

Return to “Beta and Alpha Feedback”