Brumm's Worklist

Details about releases, and a list of work that needs done. Locked, but viewable by all.
Brumm

Brumm's Worklist

Post#1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:42 am

[*] MetaMagic for sneaks (done)
[*] Set Items (22 items finished)
Last edited by Brumm on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brumm

Re: Brumm's Worklist

Post#2 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:28 am

[*] Reworking of 2.8 - 2.11 (done)

[*] Reworking Derros and Iron Crag Creatures (done)

Brumm

Post#3 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:11 pm

[*] Gish Set (done)

[*] Monk Set (done)

[*] Arcane Set (done)

[*] Random Encounters (done)

[*] Drow Hunt (done)
Last edited by Brumm on Thu May 28, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brumm

Post#4 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:05 am

[*] Performance tweaks

I just wanted to drop a line about a few changes I am working on. I try to reduce the loading time for a few areas I created (especially the Arcane Society and the Underdark castle) and the overall impact on the server performance. This includes that the Arcane Society will be shut down if no PC is in the area. That means for you: Don't drop anything to the ground and leave the area or your item will be lost.

Brumm

Post#5 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:14 am

[*] Open Smugglers Redoubt for players (done)
[*] Adjust Wyvern AC (done)
[*] Increase CR of all Drowcastle creatures by 1 (done)
[*] Add drops to the Drowcastle (done)
[*] Add drops to Smugglers Redoubt areas (done)
Last edited by Brumm on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brumm

Post#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:27 am

[*] Quiver of Plenty rework (viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2625&p=18216#p18216) (done)

[*] Remove ER-scaling from Barkskin and Shield of Faith (done)

[*] Reduce mob BAB to compensate for the AC loss (done)

[*] Add even more randomness to all Smugglers Redoubt areas

[*] Remove Aid/Bless strip effect from Drows

[*] Fix legendary reset DM tool

[*] Increase Incendiary Clouds non-ER damage

Brumm

Post#7 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 am

[*] DC scaling for Epic Spells

Brumm

Post#8 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:12 am

Just for your info so you know what will come soon:
Done:
[*] Slight buff to the Black Guard Set (probably AB)
[*] Way longer Duration for the special ability on the FS set
[*] Further increase of the Wish Shard drop chance
[*] Slight increase of the rune drop chance (not the chance of getting higher runes, but the chances of getting runes at all)
[*] Hardcore mode for the Abyss area (for those of you who want even more trouble in there :D)

Canceled:
[*] Yellow VFX of Shield of Faith will be changed to the light blue one.

Work in progress:
[*] More Runewords
[*] Runedropchance for Nolanoth (Dragon at the end of Smugglers) and Eowarebril (Drow Boss)
[*] Adding more spells to the low VFX tool

and when I have lots of time (don't expect it in the near future)
[*] Orc Invasion for Trinity City

Edit:
[*] Rework of the Tigers and Lions in Smugglers

Brumm

Post#9 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 am

[*] Removal of the Teleport Cooldown. The feat will never be OP and it makes no sense that a Fighter with ENIGMA has a better Teleport spell than a regular caster with access to it. (done)

Brumm

Post#10 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to drop a line about what I am working on so you know what will come "soon". How soon "soon" is depends on my freetime and how many stones the nwn2 engine throws in my way.

1. Performance tweaks: I am streamlining scripts and eliminate possible performance hogs that are (probably) not noticeable during regular gameplay but block server resources unncessarily. That frees up some room when we need it (events especially) and can hopefully reduce lags in some situations and hopefully reduces the probability of failing clean up scripts. It's a boring kind of development for players but needs to be done.

2. DM-Bar: The DM-Bar will provide some more features soon. You'll be able to create stuff like the Smugglers Redoubt attack on the fly on each map you want. For organzing attack events like in Smugglers Redoubt you'll get a whole new page of features for the DM-Bar. Details will follow for DMs only to allow some surprises in upcoming events. For DMs I can only give a few spoilers: It will be easy to configure (100% GUI driven) and even more effiecent than the current Smugglers Redoubt attack is.

3. Arcane Society: I want to focus a bit more on the development of the Arcane Society. The purpose of the guild was to advertise the arcane arts and encourage people to play arcanes in a creative way and to RP with arcanes. I plan to move on with that and get back to the Arcane Society as an active member whenever time allows. The last part is a dream right now since my graphics card died and my vacation ends soon. But it is on my list to get a bit more in touch with players like I did in "the old days". Besides of that I plan to add more spells and abilites for higher ranked arcane society members to encourage players to take a roll in the arcane society. The idea is to give your arcane charactes a reason to play after level 40 and to reflect your higher stance in the Arcane Society by granting you neat abilites.

While I am talking about the Arcane Society: I am looking for new recruitment officers. I am looking for people who like to play arcanes and who like to encourage other people to do so as well. You should have a lot of experience with arcane builds on ROT to be able to help other players if needed. If you are interested in RPing and if you have the time to, you can evolve your character in the arcane society and change the future of the society. And like I said above already: A higher stance in the Arcane Society will come with unique spells and/or abilites.

4. Tactical Gameplay: I plan to introduce "abilities" in the borader sense to encourage tactical gameplay. Abilities that provide great results if you coordinate your attacks in group. It was always a pain for me to see that most people just rush into a group of mobs and wait them to death. The new abilites I plan are supposed to give you a fun way to play the game while giving you a real advantage if you use them well. I don't want to tell you more about it for now since I can't promise when they come.

Stay Tuned!

Brumm

Return to “Release Notes/ To Do”