Return of the Dragon.

Say hi to everyone!
valen

Return of the Dragon.

Post#1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:21 pm

Well after somewhat successfully digging my old NWN2 installation of an old drive ( registry entries non existent - no client extender :( but at least the game works ) I found that ROT is still going strong after the 5 years i've been away.

So I am fully intending to do all the content from the beginning again - I literally had to ask in shout how to get to Hilantar as when I originally played there was no Port Authority quest.

So much has changed , so much high level content has been added , and seeing as how alignment change is supported with wish shards and gold I can finally realize the dream of a level 40 Dragonshape Druid with Monk , Hospitaler and Blackguard - with improved aura of despair. I'll call it my impromptu fear aura.

As the first Druid to make it to ER4+ in the past , I am intrigued to see if I can make myself viable for endgame once more.

It's good to be back home , hope to see you all out there in game. :)
Valen

Crouching celestial leopard , hidden dragon.

Brumm

Re: Return of the Dragon.

Post#2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 am

Welcome back!

Samyx

Post#3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:07 am

*welcome back !!!

valen

Post#4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:44 am

Thanks guys.

I do have a couple of quick questions - is there a recent summary of the current Kaedrin pack cmi_options ?
Only one I can find is the one from 2013 , if it is still accurate then that's all good.

And the other question is does the dagger spell mage set also allow dagger spell shaper ?
Daggerclaws is tempting me assuming the +20 enhance bonus transfers.
Valen

cMEfaiL

Post#5 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Greetings Man ,
I'd suggest u to join RoT discord channel if u haven't done it yet and ask around what u need to know it goes faster than in forum.
PS;Dragon form still sux ; )

valen

Post#6 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:55 pm

Sux eh? well it had its quirks to say the least in the good olde days and is not for the easily frustrated.

Having to sign out and back in twice after leveling to verify stats was no fun. Sometimes it felt safer to come back the next day after the server had reset because if con stacked due to items and effects , unshifting would kill you.

Mortis was somewhat surprised when I became the first Druid to hit ER4. At least I think I was the first Druid ?
Others seemed to struggle with the concept of me having 114ac fully buffed.
There may have been bug effects helping ? it was at least a true 104ac.

Around the same time I had to request DM assistance once when I died during an unshift , bugged out and couldn't respawn :( Thankfully AGhost came to my rescue.

Anyway , endgame viability seems possible with all the wildshape fixes , epic enlightenment , epic presence and some of the other shard store epic goodies. Only one way to find out...
Valen

Belferon

Post#7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Welcome Back!

Also...

There's a new low level town called: Ur Draxa

You can get to it from the caravan in northern Trinity. It's a good town for RP and such mostly.

Take care, and be well.

valen

Post#8 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:47 pm

Thanks Belferon , I had no idea there was a new starting area.
Valen

Return to “Introductions”