DD+Anointed Knight

This is the place to post builds and or questions on builds.
Neethanial

DD+Anointed Knight

Post#1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm curious to see which damage reductions stack with one another, and which are complete wastes.
As per lvl 40:
22 Fighter
10 DD
8 Anointed
AK - 50 SR, 5/- DR, small dmg bonus, no need for final two lvls, free toughness for DD
DD - Defensive stance, AC, IUD, 12/- DR, Set bonuses including 20/- DR
Fighter - Feats (because one needs to walk), wpn focus/spec lines, slashing mastery/supremacy, incomplete set
Misc - 16/- DR (3 epics + resilency), Expert Tactition does not function!!, etc.

Seems to me like anointed knight might not be worth it except for the SR, which you don't get till 8. Would I honestly be better off going weapon master instead? Fighter set weapon, 3/4 dmg bonuses, possibly edm since I'm already statted for it? The switch would eat feats, obviously, but:
22 Fighter
1 Cleric (at lvl 4)
10 DD
7 Weapon Master

Opinions?

Itaasi

Re: DD+Anointed Knight

Post#2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:41 am

Damage Reduction sadly doesn't stack. Only the highest is used :(

Neethanial

Post#3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Some of it does. Old Heavy Armor Spec doesn't, just learned that AK doesn't. Adamantine armor/shield stacks with DD, so I assume the set cloak does? I don't know about Greater Resiliency since it was originally only available to barbarians, so I'm unsure if epic DR stacks. I think those three are ultimately the big question. Otherwise, the DD class is essentially worthless since Barbarian is better in pretty much every way.

Neethanial

Post#4 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:29 am

Ok. Epic damage reductions and greater resilience stack with barb/dd DR, unless those feats were altered out of their original states when the numbers were increased.
Adamantine doesn't stack with anything.
So, what's the point of the DD set cloak? I have a choice between having 20/- DR total with the set, OR I can use the fighter set for WAY more dps, better defenses, and spend a few feats for a total of 28/- DR.

konst3d

Post#5 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 am

DD, BG, Paladin - those are very old and obsolete sets. Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, Thug sets are much more powerful.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Samyx

Post#6 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 am

Neethanial wrote:Ok. Epic damage reductions and greater resilience stack with barb/dd DR, unless those feats were altered out of their original states when the numbers were increased.
Adamantine doesn't stack with anything.
So, what's the point of the DD set cloak? I have a choice between having 20/- DR total with the set, OR I can use the fighter set for WAY more dps, better defenses, and spend a few feats for a total of 28/- DR.

The point is the pleasure to play a DD. And ultimately, you can stack DD with fighter.
DD10/BG3/WM7/F20 is easy to build and can crack some skulls. You don't need the 6th DD item, 5 are enough to get full cheese from DD set. and then you complete with whatever, Fighter set, misc set, other items.
have fun !

Edit : That one I have built quickly : http://nwn2db.com/build/?289231
(copy it, so you can see all the feats, including armor skin 2 &3 and maybe others)

Chemic_al

Post#7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:30 am

Don't bother with divine shield, you'll be dodge capped and it'll do nothing - unless they decided to change the dodge cap on the server that is ;)

Return to “Player Building”