What is the best Two-Hander to Specialize in?

This is the place to post builds and or questions on builds.
CrackedIce

What is the best Two-Hander to Specialize in?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 am

Hello folks,

I have a FPA Ranger who uses cleric and Forest Master to good effect (and hospitaler). Currently, he does not care what two-handed weapon he uses as the benefits from Forest Master's warmace properties are minimal and as such uses the best two-handed weapon he can get his hands on.

I am future looking to level 40 where I would like to see fighter being added to the mix instead of hospitaler. (build would be 11 Ranger / 10 Forest Master / 13 fighter / 6 cleric)

The question is once I am going to specialize in a specific weapon, at end game, what are the best twohanded weapons I can use (including any weapon I could two-hand). Is there a Warmace designed for Forest Master at endgame?

(Taking fighter 13 seems more appropriate than going for Bane of Enemies and Supreme PA since Fighter gives more ab and excellent damage as well as +6 strength allowing me to max my charisma mod)

konst3d

Re: What is the best Two-Hander to Specialize in?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:24 am

Falchion of the Traider has 4d10 magic & 4d10 acid, if I remember right. Violent Greatsword with 5d12 magic, extend rage & extra rage. There are also rumors about good scythe, but didn't seen it.
Usually people choose between falchion (best crit range) and scythe (best crit multiplier).

P.S.
Not sure if PA is a good idea, high level mobs has decent AC, so you will miss a lot.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

addict-ant

Post#3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 am

Generally speaking two handers are not the greatest. I wish it weren't so but that's the truth. The violent greatsword would be your best bet.

CrackedIce

Post#4 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 pm

konst3d wrote:
P.S.
Not sure if PA is a good idea, high level mobs has decent AC, so you will miss a lot.

I am hoping that between fighter and cleric, my ab would be good enough to use IPA. Otherwise, what do all the other non cleric, bard, FS, fighters do for ab??

CrackedIce

Post#5 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 pm

addict-ant wrote:Generally speaking two handers are not the greatest. I wish it weren't so but that's the truth. The violent greatsword would be your best bet.

That is interesting since two handers should be the best damage dealing weapons (including magical enhancements) because of all the downsides of using a two hander...

CrackedIce

Post#6 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 pm

CrackedIce wrote:
konst3d wrote:
P.S.

I am hoping that between fighter and cleric, my ab would be good enough to use IPA. Otherwise, what do all the other non cleric, bard, FS, fighters do for ab?? Also, CE and Tower shield both lessen ab, so utilizing IPA should not be that disastrous to attack penalty in comparison.

addict-ant

Post#7 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 pm

CrackedIce wrote:
addict-ant wrote:Generally speaking two handers are not the greatest. I wish it weren't so but that's the truth. The violent greatsword would be your best bet.

That is interesting since two handers should be the best damage dealing weapons (including magical enhancements) because of all the downsides of using a two hander...

I agree but it isn't so. Though they do get some rot specific bonuses....I just can't remember what those are off the top of my head

konst3d

Post#8 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:45 pm

addict-ant wrote:
CrackedIce wrote:

I agree but it isn't so. Though they do get some rot specific bonuses....I just can't remember what those are off the top of my head

+1 to critical hit multiplier for all twohanders in RoT?
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Cervantes

Post#9 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Their crit multiplier is increased by x1. The thing is, most of the damage inflicted by melee attacks of high-level characters on this server isn't multiplied by crits, so that multiplier isn't as useful as doubling the number of attacks you get by using perfect two weapon fighting and using a double weapon so that you get twice as many attacks, all of which use your epic metals.

If you want high AC, go dexxer with shield/monk dip.
If you want high damage, double weapon/dual wield.
Two handers are cool, but kinda inferior in all ways unless you're monkey grip/oversized dual wielding them, in which case, see above.

Correct me if I'm wrong, more up-to-date folks...my info might be a bit dated.
Grevaine the Blackbird, recruiter for the Arcane Society
Hank Stone, tinkerer and supporter of the down-trodden
Rembrask Alhavisk, not-so-pleasant mercenary
Baelnorn, DM

MortisCorpus

Post#10 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Given time invested in them thus far, amount of planning, review, and general public distemper regarding double-weapons... They will likely remain as they are currently. It is a biased statement, but outside of a fighter set and a Crookweave amulet, it is hard to make a balanced/viable double weapon user.

Violent weapon line with a monkey gripped tower shield is probably viable.
Dungeon Master, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Return to “Player Building”