Warlock 101

This is the place to post builds and or questions on builds.
dad2864

Re: Warlock 101

Post#21 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:41 pm

AGhost_7 wrote:Since we're talking about gear right now, what would you suggest to a new player that has gotten up to level 30 ? Gear plan so far looks a bit empty:

Armor: Cormyrean Full Plate
Helmet: Destroyer's Headband
Shield: Grimstead Heavy Shield
Weapon: Blade of the Gladiator
Amulet: Random Drop*
Belt: Random Drop or Belt of the Temple Guardian
Gloves/Bracer: Random Drop
Ring:
Ring #2:
Boots: Dragon Plates

Not much to add to this except I would opt for the genie stone's greater fell chausible amulet for more edritch blast/glaive firepower.

dad2864

Post#22 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Molag__Bal wrote:
AGhost_7 wrote:Molag? Whats your opinion on this? Anyone?

I'm assuming that you are releveling your sorcerer, and that he is ER1 or above? If so, you might want to consider these invocations:

Least: Glaive, Luck, Spear
Lesser: Chain, Hellprime, Pyre
Greater: Plague, Tentacles, Vitriolic
Dark: Doom, Invis, Premonition

The DR from Premonition scales nicely with ER's, so unless you are running into a lot of problems from being sneak attacked, I would pick it over Foresight. Plague is a really nice single target invocation, especially if SR or elemental DR is an issue.

I left in Pyre because you probably won't have much elemental DR if you plan to wear that warlock chain shirt. At least you can pick one elemental to have a bit of DR against. Just be careful when you head to 2.9 and 2.10, as you're probably used to having 100% immunity to all elements!

If you go the cleric/eldritch disciple multiclass route you can get rid of the Pyre and have both beshadowed and Hellrime. Allowing you to rely on earth domain for your energy immunity. Also since you get access to living undeath clerical spell (to avoid sneak attacks) you have no need for foresight and can use stoneskin rather than Premonition allowing use of a different Dark invocation. (Has anyone messed with instill vulnerability?)

dad2864

Post#23 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Also a quick question for the cleric/eldritch disciple build, does clerical spell assay resistance work to reduce spell resistance for eldritch blasts/glaives? If so I'm thinking a wand is soon in order.

AGhost_7

Post#24 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm

I think so(K's code still uses the same functionality, so it really should), but nothing beats testing.

Samyx

Post#25 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 am

dad2864 wrote:
AGhost_7 wrote:Since we're talking about gear right now, what would you suggest to a new player that has gotten up to level 30 ? Gear plan so far looks a bit empty:

Not much to add to this except I would opt for the genie stone's greater fell chausible amulet for more edritch blast/glaive firepower.

Hello !
1 question and 1 advice

Question : Where doo you get that "genie stone's greater fell chausible amulet" ? I played a warlock extensively and never found it. Please advice.

My advice : Drop that fiend chain shirt which has nothing on it really good. Use harad's robes or cormyr plate or whatever you cna craft and has innate immunities.
You want "practiced invoker" feat ? Get a warlock scepter form jeanie coin for 42K gold. After all, you don"t need weapons as warlock so that is a good use for a hand slot !

Hope this helps

Ladyhawke1973

Post#26 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:29 am

Samyx:

You can purchase the greater fell chausible amulet from the Coin of the Genie, which is automatically placed into your inventory on character creation. Just activate the Genie Coin and click on yourself, and a shop will open up where you can buy certain items.

Other than that, I know nothing else about warlocks and will now excuse myself from the convo.

Samyx

Post#27 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:10 am

Oh, THAT chasuble ! I thought there was another one better.

As I see it, for Warlocks there is only 2 items :

- The chasuble amulet to get +2Dice damage
- The shirt or the scepter to get practiced invoker feat.

Anyone knows of other dedicated or very useful items for warlocks ?

Return to “Player Building”