Bard's tale : Sonic Magic Overhaul

This is the place to post builds and or questions on builds.
Samyx

Re: Bard's tale : Sonic Magic Overhaul

Post#31 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Hey !
A little up for not forgotting this
Samyx

Inasogard

Post#32 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Great Ideas Samyx!

Samyx

Post#33 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 am

Hi ! My yearly reminder about bards !
Please consider my proposals

Lady Seline

Post#34 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Casting bards are weak and I did suggest in a ticket I think that casting feats (harsh caster etc) should be added to bards for casting bards. I suggested in that ticket to maybe add Spellcasting purist to 15 bard, but as my prefered alternative to avoid melee bards benefiting too I also said I prefered it being added to Lyrical Thaumaturge level 10. Practiced spellcaster (Bard) feat at L10 on a caster purist PrC seems.. litterally worthless after all, and in order to take LT you need 5 lvls of bard anyway, thus... 15 lvls total in line with wizards/clerics Spellcasting Purist.

Partial Sonic Immaterialization 1/3 sonic bypass does stack with an aditional 2/3 sonic bypass of "Sonic Might"... but it is awkward wasting a song use per day to trigger it for at max... 10 rounds: 1 minute. If a feat is added or change made to Sonic Might to make less button spammy that'd be great. Longer duration would be nice, but also especially nice if its permanently on, but with a downside? Like loose 4 uses of bardic music a day?

Also Bards suffer from all the warlock downsides of 1/2 CL progression right? This hampers spell penetration just as much as it does a warlock. Hence their need for Harsh casting.

Bards dont get L9 spells, so cannot automaticly quicken still, etc. Maybe alter the feat lines to require L9 spells or bard L6 spells? Or bring in alternate feat line for bonus damage to damage spells only available to bard? Such as "Requires epic explosive spell feat plus bard L6 spells" each lvl adds an aditonal X% damage?

Instuments...
They look great! But lock out weapons so you cant get Shield ac from anything (no shield skin, or two weapon defense).
Adding ac to instuments isnt possible with forgeing but I have a vague memory if you did it only adds deflection ac... Which is provided by sirene's grace.

Even Snowflake wardance suffers:
It locks out shield use so short of shield skin or two weapon defense you cant get any shield ac... and that suffers from the fact you dont have a High BAB progression capping the amount you can gain

TWD forces you to spend on dexterity for the feats, if you try for two weapons despite the severe shortage of finesseable slashing weapons...

This then relagates you to shield skin, which is nice, but this requires Str 35 to fully benefit from... and bards are a light armour dexy based class, especially when snowflaking as that locks out medium amrour, upwards and shields.

They seem to not be able to win short of dual wielded kukuri exotic weapons... which requires a feat to use too!

Return to “Player Building”