Returning player looking for endgame Arcane Build

This is the place to post builds and or questions on builds.
Karnageboy

Returning player looking for endgame Arcane Build

Post#1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:46 am

I've decided to return to trinity and see how far I can get into the game with an arcane caster type since it appears that they were overhauled. Looking for something that will get me to the end of the game. I am interested in using one of the golems which I saw while browsing the feat list. Game has changed so much now with all the added feats and gear. Not sure where to start and how to build anything now days.

konst3d

Re: Returning player looking for endgame Arcane Build

Post#2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:19 pm

Hello and welcome back!
Here is my sorcerer build: http://nwn2db.com/build/?293793
And here is the build I used for levelling: http://nwn2db.com/build/?294316
I have NO golems, because I preffer to use shadow simulacrum and minotaur. But I think you can drop something and replace it with golem and golem mastery feats.
Sorcerers also get few bonus feats (not reflected on nwn2db, at levels 12, 15 and 18), you can use those feats for golems for for harsh casting feats.
Go to this page https://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Content-Library.aspx , switch to feats and look for Harsh Caster, Epic Harsh Caster, Epic Domineering Casting, Golem Mastery, etc...

P.S.
Sorceres are quite good at the moment. :D

P.S.
Just to be sure you are aware - this times you can add dual +6 to your stats using shard feats. Here is why I stopped dexterity and charisma at 32.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Karnageboy

Post#3 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

OK, thanks for the response. I will try and figure out something from your build. Btw, you mentioned that you use shadow simulacrum and minotaur. I know that shadow simulacrum is a 9th level spell and makes a clone of yourself. However, what is the minotaur that you speak of? Also, what is the advantage instead of using a damage reduction golem?

konst3d

Post#4 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am

Shadow simulacrum and golems use the same minion slot, so one will banish another, if you have active golem and use this spell - golem will be banished and vice versa.
About advantages over the golem... well, there are high level mobs\bosses that have 60+ HD, over 10k hitpoints, BAB over 100+ and something like triple 6d12 damage bonus. So I prefer shadow sim's firepower over golem's safety.
Minotaur is a summon that comes with rare high level drop - a robe of eternal darkness. It has 4k hitpoints, very good hp regeneration and good damage output. But you should be careful with him, if you will summon second one, first will turn hostile and try to kill you, your party, friends and family :) . And on EX6 he is quite able to do so...
But it works good with golems and shadow sims.

P.S.
My builds are not optimized (my first high level arcane build in fact) but it works and you could use it as a basis. I believe there are much better arcane builds around.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Return to “Player Building”