Daerlun Shadowdancers

Stuck somewhere in your quests? Ask away here.
konst3d

Daerlun Shadowdancers

Post#1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:11 am

Hi all!
I've faced them with 3 different builds - a gish, a fighter-monk and finally a rapier WM with 55 AB, and none of them was able to hit them on EX mode... Killed them spamming expose weakness on cd.
Could anybody please reveal its character sheet? I'm impressed with its AC. :)

P.S.
Failed to find them here.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Brumm

Re: Daerlun Shadowdancers

Post#2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 am

Problem is that he combines low base DEX with robes, pretty solid base AC, mirror image and concealment.

His AC on normal mode should be something around 63. EX mode adds +20 to DEX which means another +10 to AC. On top of that EX adds 6 points more of AC. With the scaling he should hit the new random AC cap between 62 and 66 (if the scaling logic works properly if the initial AC is already above the cap). I will check that.

Brumm

konst3d

Post#3 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:11 am

Hmmm... 60+ AB to hit them, it's hard to manage at the moment you face them, luckily I had an expose weakness. :)
Thanks!

P.S.
Did you mean *high* base DEX?
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Brumm

Post#4 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 am

No, I meant low base DEX. Point is the hardcoded attribute cap. If a monster already has 40 DEX EX mode can "only" add another +10 because of the attribute cap at 50. If a monster has 30 or less than 30 base DEX the AC bonus from EX adds up to +16/+20 (depending on the CR of the monster and if it is flagged as a boss monster).

Return to “Campaign / Storyline Questions”