Re: help RoT and get a reward

Please use the Bug Reporter/ Request Submitter Portal located here: http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Portal/IssueTracker/IssueGatherer.aspx
addict-ant

Post#1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 am

Having noticed a couple of new players of late hoping to get the referral award without being referred, I was wondering if the admins might be willing to consider a sponsorship system? Basically if a new player arrives without being referred and can find an established player willing to sponsor them - the reward of 25k xp & 250K gp be transferred from the sponsor's account to the new player (the sponsor receives nothing).

As someone who found RoT without referral myself I feel some sympathy for such new players and with considerable banked xp/gp I would be willing to sponsor. I just think this might be a nice community-building idea though I think the main thread 'Help RoT and get a reward' would have to be used in conjunction to avoid double rewards.

Just an idea - no worries if you're not keen on it, I appreciate this would be another thing for the team to administer.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am

Oh, I'm keen on it. I think we need to put some rigor around this process and even possibly baking it into our UI and automate it as much as possible.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Caylin

Post#3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 am

Maybe making it as simple as allowing the ui to transfer banked xp to another just like you can do with shards and gold?

addict-ant

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 pm

bsb5652 wrote:Oh, I'm keen on it. I think we need to put some rigor around this process and even possibly baking it into our UI and automate it as much as possible.

I have no idea of workload/time frame for automating it into the UI but that does sound like a great idea :D Thanks!

My original (interim?) idea was simply for the Sponsor to post in the main thread the name of the account they are sponsoring. It would be the sponsor's responsibility to check the main thread to ensure the account had not been credited before (to minimise admin time) and the initial post could be edited to include details of the sponsor idea and perhaps a list of sponsor-friendly players that newbies might approach.

Caylin

Post#5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Another option to help new people out would be to simply give all new players some xp and shards on their 1st toon.

Return to “Suggestions & Requests *Deprecated*”