Beshadowed Mage

Please use the Bug Reporter/ Request Submitter Portal located here: http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Portal/IssueTracker/IssueGatherer.aspx
Cervantes

Beshadowed Mage

Post#1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:30 pm

The Beshadowed Mage's ac is a little high in ROT 2 Chapter 7 - Evil. With Dark Companion on him, I was missing him with my primary attack on a roll of 19 with a +55 to attack (so, total of 74 was missing.) The two fellows with him have no where near that AC. For reference, the build is Hexblade 16/Fighter 13/Cleric 1 with Falchion of the Trader (+9), Epic WF, and WM:Slashing, and a strength of 32, and this was not on EX. I could not get a Hexblade's Curse to stick - he would have had to roll a 1 on his save for that. AC in excess of 75 seems a bit high for midway through the second campaign, especially in a boss fight with two other bosses. I'll have another go with greater heroism on and see what happens, but we might want to tweak that a little...maybe drop his AC to something hit-able and give him a con boost for more HP?
Grevaine the Blackbird, recruiter for the Arcane Society
Hank Stone, tinkerer and supporter of the down-trodden
Rembrask Alhavisk, not-so-pleasant mercenary
Baelnorn, DM

kc2345

Re: Beshadowed Mage

Post#2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 pm

Checked the Beshadowed Mage out in the creature catalog. There are 4 versions of him, but I assume the one in 2.7E is the CR37 version with 76 AC - this seems really high for ROT 2.

I actually had a far bigger problem with Ethan Rikin in that fight as an archer, as he has both deflect arrows and epic deflection - ended up whacking him with an axe in a battle of 20 rolls, which wasn't fun.

Cervantes

Re: Beshadowed Mage

Post#3 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 am

I was just thankful it wasn't at the end of a long "dungeon." It's only a few minutes to repeat that segment.
Grevaine the Blackbird, recruiter for the Arcane Society
Hank Stone, tinkerer and supporter of the down-trodden
Rembrask Alhavisk, not-so-pleasant mercenary
Baelnorn, DM

Return to “Suggestions & Requests *Deprecated*”