Taking suggestions/requests for new items

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
MadMage999

Taking suggestions/requests for new items

Post#1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:11 am

No guarantee you'll get what you request or suggest, but I am making new items and introducing them into the game, and I am interested in what you all have to say.

So far I've made two double weapons for 2.10 Cormyrean dragon double axe and two bladed sword, as I felt they were under-represented. There was a Cormyrean dragon dire mace already present in the 2.10 category though I haven't heard of it/seen it dropping.

--EDIT--

What I'm really looking for here are items there aren't enough of, or there are gaps in the distribution of, for example there were some double swords in the game but they were all pretty low level as far as stats/where they would fit into the difficulty curve of the game.
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

AGhost_7

Re: Taking suggestions/requests for new items

Post#2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:47 am

Complete the sets for different classes. They don't need to be overly powerful, but something like a nice helm; amulet; weapon; etc for a SS would be neat for example. Sorcs, clerics, wizard, and some other classes have more options than the weaker classes for some reason.

Brownyman

Post#3 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:09 am

Regarding new items and restrictions, if an item was limited to druid and barbarian. Do you need both classes or just one of the listed to be able to equip it?

Can new items have Kaedrin's feats on them or is it limited to standard game stuff?

AGhost_7

Post#4 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Brownyman wrote:Regarding new items and restrictions, if an item was limited to druid and barbarian. Do you need both classes or just one of the listed to be able to equip it?

Needs one of the two.

Brownyman wrote:Can new items have Kaedrin's feats on them or is it limited to standard game stuff?

It is sort of limited to what is in the 2da's. Basically, some of the vanilla feats can be added to an item. If you want to see for yourself, you can check it in the toolset.

MadMage999

Post#5 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:22 pm

I've also received a request in-game for gloves or gauntlets with 10 or so strength on them. Seeing as there is a pair of bracers with 10 dex, this might be doable.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

MortisCorpus

Post#6 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 pm

A more complete set of armor / items to span the classes are under construction. We are looking for specific things. Thanks for your continued input and ideas.
Administrator, Dungeon Master

MadMage999

Post#7 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Valariax and I spoke about this subject and his suggestions were for items under-represented, including greatswords, bastard swords, battle axes, dwarven waraxes, maces, morningstars, warhammers, and warmaces.

We also discussed spears and shortbows, which I think are both good ideas.

I have already begun work on these and will coordinate with Mortis who is also busily making new items, as stated.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Brownyman

Post#8 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:21 am

Is there a list somewhere of the underplayed classes anywhere? i am sure i had seen one! Adding some items specifically for those classes might help.

In another thread was an idea for returning ( infinite stack) throwing weapons, was there any progress on this?

I found this if it helps http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Scripts.Detail&id=405

MadMage999

Post#9 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 am

Brownyman wrote:In another thread was an idea for returning ( infinite stack) throwing weapons, was there any progress on this?

There was, we may have something usable in the near future, in which case you'll start seeing returning thrown weapons proliferate into the game.

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

MortisCorpus

Post#10 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 am

The classes added from PrC are not interfaced with the toolset since they are custom work. Oberu and I have gone through exhaustive measures to attempt to interface the PrC classes into the toolset but as of now it is not doable.

Not that we are not seriously considering other options, but for the time being we can only create class specific items for core content classes.

Please keep the ideas comming
Administrator, Dungeon Master

Return to “Proposed Changes”