Feedback Wanted - Future Projects for ROT

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
bsb5652
Site Admin

Feedback Wanted - Future Projects for ROT

Post#1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:35 am

I wanted to drop a line to everyone to discuss with you the future plans for ROT development. As you know we have completed ROT2 this month and are working on architectural enhancements to the instancing system, GUIs, and building some behind the scenes admin tool updates for RP, and item catalogging for drops. We are starting PRC upgrading soon, and while I do that over the next month or so, I would like everyone to have an opportunity to throw your vote out for what story content you would like developed next.

The options are either starting ROT3, Which is planned to be a 8 chapter campaign volume or Developing the final volume of CEXP, Volume 3, chapters 18-23.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Zorteper

Re: Feedback Wanted - Future Projects for ROT

Post#2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:49 am

bsb5652 wrote:Developing the final volume of CEXP, Volume 3, chapters 18-23.

Has my vote 8-)
Zorteper______________________________________
Master of Serjeants with the Knights Hospitallier
Loresmith with the Loremasters
Guildmaster of Societas Draconis________________
DM Zorquan

moocowgaipan

Post#3 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm good either way, but I think I'd second Zorteper's vote for two reasons.

1) There's not much for a lvl 20+ to do on the CEXP side right now.

2) it gives you a break for awhile from the headaches, code quirks, etc. that comes with even more ultra high-end content.
Sanctuary founding member

Sorcerking

Post#4 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:54 am

My 2 cents is that you should lay off new content and just focus on the fine tuning of what we have now.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#5 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Exactly what I'm doing, I was talking about after fine tuning.

Also, what kind of fine tuning are you interested in? Just want to know so I can plan better.
Brian Bloom

AGhost_7

Post#6 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:35 pm

One thing that I think should be removed now is how you need to wait on the next reboot to complete the lolth tower again. Sucks for new players that die there... There are more issues I'm sure, I just can't recall them at the moment.

I personally think that there should be more content for ER1-2 right now. I don't know what RoT3 will be geared towards, but I think that it would be nice to have more variety for that range in particular. Some people(not just me) find it a bit too repetitive to get to ER3 and all.

Basically, I'd vote for an RoT 3 if you had the intention of bringing more content along the lines of 2.7 in terms of difficulty(not more 2.11 stuff). Otherwise, I'd go for CEXP. I want gold rewards!! XD

EDIT:

I'd also like to propose "raising the ceiling". Some people have maxed out their characters(not talking about myself here), and I'm thinking that it would be nice to roll out more epic feats along with increasing the XP cap. I've got a ton of ideas for that, and if you're interested I'd be glad to chat on Skype about it.

Yltas

Post#7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:20 am

I would go for ROT3...

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#8 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah, I definitely want to re-do chapter 4 of ROT2. Definitely agree on that point. I got a few things in the queue that are going to be wrapping up in the next few days and i'll start on that.

Something else we are going to do is allow you to buy story progression with wish shards and as long as you have a character with volume benchmarks. So, say you create a new character and don't want to have to run all the lower chapters, you can skip them as long as you have a character that has a certain level of progression. ROT1 Chapter 10, ROT2 C9, CEXP Volume I Chapter 9, CEXP Volume II Chapter 17 are the benchmarks that you'd have to have on at least 1 of your other characters.

Adding more epic feats is definitely going to happen, just need more time to get to them.
Brian Bloom

Syrophir

Post#9 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Although haven't been active here for a while now I like the idea of being able to skip some chapters for a new character. Would encourage people to try out and discover new builds.

For the future projects I'm fine with anything you decide, haven't even had the time to try out the CEXP yet, but I'll.

Sorcerking

Post#10 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Fine tuning:

I've noticed that someone had bashed the gold piles in Vera's and that they don't respawn. If you could make it so they respawn after someone completes the quest, I think that would be a nice fix.

Return to “Proposed Changes”