I decided to use the forum for this because it is easier to keep track of everything. I think I am mostly ready with a first round of Warlock class updates. The reason I was quicker than expected is that I discovered a bug in our code which made Warlocks that bad. Without the bug the problems they had should be more or less gone.
1. The bug I found
Our current spellresistance code doesn't factor in bonus CL if you are not a Paladin (quite funny, eh?). Fixing this should make most problems Warlocks had with SR a thing of the past. The EX code caps SR out at 40 + 2 * EX so even on EX6 you shouldn't get higher SR than 52 at the moment (with the exception of SR tagged mobs and those mobs that have higher baseline SR of course). Piercing that should be quite easy for a dedicated Warlock. A full CL Warlock without any feats already gets 50 CL + 1d20. This is further increased by spell penetration feats and Master of All Essences. I doubt that we really need an invocation to further lower SR on enemies under that circumstances. The only thing we need is something to dispell mantles. But that can be easily added to one of the existing invocations.
2. The changes I made to Warlocks
The changes I made are mostly what I already described on the Discord channel:
- I added Autoquicken, removed the penalty for having it and removed the penalty for having HIPS. Requirements currently are Epic Blast 1d6 (Auto I), 2d6 (Auto II), 3d6 (Auto III), 4d6 (Auto IV)
- I set the duration of blast shape secondary effects back to their vanilla values.
- I adjusted Warlocks CL and DC scaling to be consistent with the scaling of all other caster classes.
- I changed the blast dice damage to be adjustable on the fly so we can test what a good blast dice is.
- I changed the number of Glaive attacks to be BAB based; you get 1 attack for 10 points in BAB. They now use vanilla melee touch attack rules but the penalty for each subsequent hit is -10 on your AB rolls.
- Explosive damage feat should work for warlocks.
- Harsh casting does not.
3. Followup changes
After getting the baseline right we can modify some of the invocations and Warlock PrCs.
Just let me know what you think.