***Development Offer***

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Belferon

Re: ***Development Offer***

Post#11 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 am

Wow, all of this sounds pretty amazing!

Thank You Brumm, Nam, and Brian for all your hard work and effort that you put into Trinity. I really appreciate everything you guys do to keep the server up and running, and all the new content that you make possible as well. This is from a player's view.

From a creator's view, I appreciate all of the above, *and* the fact that this will help me create more appropriate critters for the level of the new areas that I'm building for the players to enjoy. So, Thank You again for making my job easier!

Corgano/Belferon
(AKA: Marc)

Brumm

Post#12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Another quick update:

I've run a few tests today because I had some unexpected freetime. The good news are: It basically works. I stumbled upon some inconsistency though so I reworked the scaling and streamlined the code. Changes are already committed and - like last time - won't affect production until we turn it on. Short list of things I've changed:

[*] Rework of the ER scaling
Spoiler: show
The ER scaling was not really consistent anymore. It provided just attribute point scaling and nothing else. The attribute point scaling has it's problems though due to the hardcoded caps for attributes. So even if a creature should get a boost, the boost can only kick in if the creature is not hitting the cap already. The next problem with it was that that attribute scaling was in most cases much higher than EX scaling. So ER4 had nearly always a larger effect on attributes than EX2.

To make things more constistent I reworked the ER scaling to a percent based EX scaling. Each ER leads to a 15% scaling of EX1. So ER 1 now provides 15% of the beef up of EX1. ER 5 (ER4 + Epic Confluence) is equal to a 75% EX 1 scaling. You get the idea. That way you get a smoother scaling and we can guarantee that you don't bore yourself to death if you get into the ERs. Since the scaling also affects the CR of the creatures you also get the reward increase when we are done with that part.

[*] Fixed some bugs in the CR calculation
In some rare cases the scaling of caster creatures led to a CR decrease due to a bug I burriend into the code. That is fixed now. At least I get consitent scaling during my tests on my local test server now.

[*] Fixed a bug in BAB calculation
In some rare cases the EX scaling decreased BAB instead of increase it. This happened if the creature has hit the BAB cap of 120. This should be fixed now. All creatures can freely scale up to the cap.

Brumm

Post#13 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:19 pm

And another update: Namaarikala already came up with another update of his plugin which grants us new functions which he implemented on the engine level. Moste notably are functions which add stacking AC and stacking saves. Also a big deal is a functions to retrieve the caster level from creatures outside of spell scripts.

The stacking AC function can be used to get rid of some technical workarounds we used in the past to create a stacking AC. So we get some more code efficiency with the new function which is always a good thing. Less load for the server -> less lag.

The stacking saves function will allow us to scale monsters more consistently. Currently monsters scale their save just until they hit magical save cap. That is bad because weak creatures - without any initial save bonus - got a very high bonus while strong creautres got none or just a very small one because they already were close to the cap. All in all it makes the impact of EX more predictable for players and developers. Another pro in my opinion.

The caster level functions can be used to determine the fair CR of casters. I'll furhter work on that as soon as I get the time.

Greetings!
Brumm

Brumm

Post#14 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:04 am

Short update: We ran into some technical issues. We are on it and I'll keep you informed as soon as we have something new.

Brumm

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#15 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:08 am

Brumm: I got the latest plugin update from Naam and is on beta. Beta server is started and I refreshed module content from production.

It appears to be much more stable as well. No crashing in over 12 hours.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Brownyman

Post#16 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:23 am

Can we log in and test later?

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#17 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:35 am

Yes, its open to anyone. betatester is the password.
Brian Bloom

Brumm

Post#18 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:07 am

Guys, could you please hit beta as hard as you can. I'll reward you for your time on beta as if you spent it on production.
You get some bonus of course too.

Samyx

Post#19 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:22 am

Hi Brumm
I wish to know what do we have to test precisely as I'm not sure to understand what and where the changes are the most important. That would help focus on the more important features.
Thanks for your help,
Samyx

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#20 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:20 am

All that needs tested at the moment is stability of the server. We just relaunched the engine edits that Naam provided us and wanted to make sure that the server can sustain play without crashing repeatedly as it was on production. The beta server has been up for 69 hours at the time of writing this post without crash. So, lets hope with some beating up on it, it will be stable and we can roll out to production.

This is needed for Brumm to continue the work he is doing on the aforementioned posts, etc.
Brian Bloom

Return to “Proposed Changes”