Proposed Changes - Healing Spells

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Brumm

Re: Proposed Changes - Healing Spells

Post#41 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:24 am

1. The current code does not take meta magics into account at all.
2. The radius for harming undead is 10 meters even if it is done by another technical method to reduce the performacne impact of having two different radii.
3. Yeah, Healing Domain needs to be updated now.
4. I never messed with granting spells on a lower level so I don't know how easy that is. I'll take a look at it when I get the time.

FFF

Post#42 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:23 am

It's very easy to give spells on different levels.
Just open a file "domains.2da" and add a spell ID in level_x column in front of domain that u want.
For example, here are the healing spells with 1 level less than it should:
https://ibb.co/80GV3hb
And the potions CL is not "hardcoded" too, open "spells.2da" and change "Innate"

About harm undead - it was not OP, now I'm 100% sure.
My FS was: full set, full legendaries, runes, grandstand+angel fullbuffed and 25 meters healing with 1050 dmg to undead.
SS now: have no set items, even no DM items, didn't use legendaries, only 1 runeword(not tp) and 0 summons.
SS done Abyss(the area with the highest undead concentration) 3-4 times faster than FS!

About emp healing - yes, it's not working, sorry.

And harming radius on practice is less than SoV (20ft, 6 meters)

Brumm

Post#43 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 am

Thanks for the hint with the Domain spells. I'll take a look into domains when I get the time.

The innate column determines the spell level the spell is cast on. Epic spells for example are set to 10 which prevents using auto-quicken on them for example.

You are comparing apples with pears. A Favoured Sould isn't an offensive caster by design while the SS is. Not to mention that is is very unlikely that it is the undead who are holding you back in the Abyss

SoV has still a radius of 10 meters.

FFF

Post#44 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 am

Brumm wrote:The innate column determines the spell level the spell is cast on. Epic spells for example are set to 10 which prevents using auto-quicken on them for example.

I think it determs CL too, indirectly.
CL from items = Innate lvl * 2 -1

FFF

Post#45 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:02 am

Brumm wrote:You are comparing apples with pears. A Favoured Sould isn't an offensive caster by design while the SS is. Not to mention that is is very unlikely that it is the undead who are holding you back in the Abyss

Why isn't? They were not worse than arcanes in MotB.

And we are not talking about damage to any creature type, only undead. Clerics/FS always was the best ultimate weapon to kill them.

Return to “Proposed Changes”