Proposed Changes - Healing Spells

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
FFF

Re: Proposed Changes - Healing Spells

Post#31 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:39 am

Brumm wrote:Radius is 25 meters currently

ah, ok.
btw, it's not OP high, healer need to be closer to enemies than arcanes and archers to heal melee party members.

IGMS: 40 meters
Ice Storm: 40 meters (+10 meters aoe)
Archery: I don't know exactly, but it feels like more than Ice Storm but less than spear
Eldritch Spear: 76 meters

kc2345

Post#32 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 am

FFF wrote:What if change potions CL to 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30?
5 hp minor
15 hp light
30 hp moderate
50 hp serious
75 hp critical
120 hp heal
It will be very close to vanilla numbers

As far as I know, CL from potions and scrolls is hardcoded into the game engine, typically as the minimum caster level where the spell can be cast.

Changing the caster level of these spells would likely require making a whole new group of custom potions tied to a custom healing amount script.

Brumm

Post#33 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:54 am

So we did not get many responses but most prefer a radius of 15 meters.
What about KCs idea of increasing the spell range in trade for that?

FFF

Post#34 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:06 am

Brumm wrote:So we did not get many responses but most prefer a radius of 15 meters.

15 meters is very low.
And increased range will not help, doesn't matter where character is standing if healing radius is less than distance between party members

Balanced will be: 30 meters for healing, 10 meters to harm undead. Automatically target self(same as EDM).
And change Harm Undead Damage, make it base + epic explosion, but don't scale with healing feats.

Brumm

Post#35 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:15 am

FFF wrote:
Brumm wrote:So we did not get many responses but most prefer a radius of 15 meters.

15 meters is very low.
And increased range will not help, doesn't matter where character is standing if healing radius is less than distance between party members

Balanced will be: 30 meters for healing, 10 meters to harm undead. Automatically target self(same as EDM).
And change Harm Undead Damage, make it base + epic explosion, but don't scale with healing feats.

It currently sits at 25 meters which is everything but too small. Increasing that to 30 meters does not make any sense at all to me.

And regarding different spell ranges: I worte already several times that I would prefer to avoid that due to it's performance impact. You reported that the former heal spells were quite taxing for the server and caused severe lag in larger groups and I prefer to loose a little bit on the game mechanic side if I can avoid lag for it.

addict-ant

Post#36 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:23 am

I have to say i think where we currently are is OP - at least as far as harming undeads with heals. This seems to have a much larger range/radius than before and the damage is allowing healers to walk through legions of undead e.g. most of the abyss mobs.

A smaller radius and less damage to undead is needed imho.

Brumm

Post#37 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:03 pm

FFF

Post#38 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:00 am

20 meters will be low.
I had many situations on last event(with 25 meters healing) when I was standing in the middle between other players and can't heal full party(that are in the one large battle, nobody afk).
And people that are talking that radius is OP means harm undead.

PS: after playing SS a bit I changed my mind - large radius to harm undead is not OP. It's not even close to nature casters damage in areas like Abyss, where 50% of mobs are undead. Half will die incredibly fast, but other half will take 4x more time than for dru/shaman.

FFF

Post#39 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:26 pm

I find that level 7 and level 8 spells are useless now: emp 5 and 6 will heal more

kc2345

Post#40 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:28 pm

That's strange. Is this based on theory numbers or actual in-game experience?

Empower should only affect dice-based numbers and should not have any effect on the static numbers on heal spells at all.

If you are seeing Empowered 5s and 6s beating 7 and 8 during actual gameplay, it is likely a coding bug. If so, maybe send a bug report?

Speaking of Empowering heals, the Cleric Healing Domain does nothing now that all healing spells do static numbers. Perhaps it could be reworked to provide the Augment Healing feat as a passive, and give the (Mass) Cure X/Heal at 1 spell level lower as was originally suggested?

Return to “Proposed Changes”