Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
MortisCorpus
Posts: 1536

Re: Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Post#31 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:04 pm

MM the DM guideline is at the top of the general staff sub.
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
Image
AG_7's Resource Compilation

MadMage999
Posts: 868

Re: Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Post#32 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:06 pm

MortisCorpus wrote:MM the DM guideline is at the top of the general staff sub.


You mean the DM guidelines are not in the DM forum? :-P
Image
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

MadMage999
Posts: 868

Re: Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Post#33 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Brumm wrote:Fort save is way too high. Something like that wasn't a big deal before we removed the cap on saves but now it is way too much.


The bonus to saves on multiple other legendary metals is +10 or more, to wit:

Boots:
Adamantine: Skill Bonus: Move Silently +20, Hide +20, Listen +10, Saving Throw Bonus - Specific: Reflex +12


Bracers:
Mithral: Immunity Misc: Paralysis, Saving Throw Bonus: Reflex +10
Cold Iron: Ability Bonus: Intelligence +12, Saving Throw Bonus: Will +10
Adamantine: Ability Bonus: Wisdom +12, Saving Throw Bonus: Will +10
Image
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

Brumm
Posts: 2136

Re: Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Post#34 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:52 am

MadMage999 wrote:
Brumm wrote:Fort save is way too high. Something like that wasn't a big deal before we removed the cap on saves but now it is way too much.


The bonus to saves on multiple other legendary metals is +10 or more, to wit:

Boots:
Adamantine: Skill Bonus: Move Silently +20, Hide +20, Listen +10, Saving Throw Bonus - Specific: Reflex +12


Bracers:
Mithral: Immunity Misc: Paralysis, Saving Throw Bonus: Reflex +10
Cold Iron: Ability Bonus: Intelligence +12, Saving Throw Bonus: Will +10
Adamantine: Ability Bonus: Wisdom +12, Saving Throw Bonus: Will +10


A relic from the past when we had the cap.

MadMage999
Posts: 868

Re: Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Post#35 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:58 am

Brumm wrote:
MadMage999 wrote:
Brumm wrote:Fort save is way too high. Something like that wasn't a big deal before we removed the cap on saves but now it is way too much.


The bonus to saves on multiple other legendary metals is +10 or more, to wit:

Boots:
Adamantine: Skill Bonus: Move Silently +20, Hide +20, Listen +10, Saving Throw Bonus - Specific: Reflex +12


Bracers:
Mithral: Immunity Misc: Paralysis, Saving Throw Bonus: Reflex +10
Cold Iron: Ability Bonus: Intelligence +12, Saving Throw Bonus: Will +10
Adamantine: Ability Bonus: Wisdom +12, Saving Throw Bonus: Will +10


A relic from the past when we had the cap.


There's nothing past about it, all of these are currently in effect afaik. Therefore, this is totally in line with the status quo.

--EDIT--

If, at some point we decide to redo the legendaries altogether, and reduce saves, etc, that's a different story.

This is not an item, it's a legendary metal, the DM guidelines are for items being created in the toolset.
Image
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

-=<ICE>=-

MBH for real

addict-ant
Posts: 662

Re: Mithral legendary metal on ring/amulet

Post#36 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:17 am

MadMage999 wrote:
There's nothing past about it, all of these are currently in effect afaik. Therefore, this is totally in line with the status quo.


This was my thinking when I suggested the idea - other legendaries give a +12 STAT and a +10 SAVE - thus I thought this was a good idea, totally in line with with what was already available. Not that I wish to vociferously argue for any of these ideas as I think many are good.

Edit - whatever the team decide is fine by me 8-)
Image

Return to “Proposed Changes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron