Dodge AC Lifting Changes

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Fan

Re: Dodge AC Lifting Changes

Post#51 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:50 pm

The shield skin bug itassi found should be fixed now.

Itaasi

Post#52 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Fan wrote:I would say we simply eliminate those AC debuff auras.

I agree. With the AC being balanced out, there's absolutely no need for those anymore!!
Fan wrote:The shield skin bug itassi found should be fixed now.

Will this require a new .hak and .tlk file? ;)

Fan

Post#53 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Itaasi wrote:Will this require a new .hak and .tlk file? ;)

It won't but I guess Brian haven't pushed my fix to beta yet. :D

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#54 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:45 pm

I did a push to beta this morning around 3 hours ago. All changes submitted after that have not been applied.

Beta patch was updated and link was published on your commit thread.
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Fan

Post#55 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Shield skin feat now only works for melee weapons.

Note that we change it just because we want to create a separate feat for bow users in the near future. This will make more RP sense rather than sharing the same feat with the two-handers. For the non-monk dipping bow users, just be a little bit more patient and you will have a similar feat to pick.

With this change, the package is ready to push to live.

The Todo list in near future includes:
1. Make a similar feat for bow users that make more RP sense
2. Remove remaining AC debuff auras in RoT3.

adam

Post#56 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:51 am

can you add the final changes to your commit log?

Fan

Post#57 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 am

adam wrote:can you add the final changes to your commit log?

Already did

rasputinw81

Post#58 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:15 am

Just did a rebuild around the new and improved (and awesome, thanks Fan!) greater two weapon defense feat and ran into a little bug. AC drops (by 1 in my case) when Combat Expertise mode is engaged.

The old greater two weapon defense feat had a synergy with combat expertise whereby you gain 6 shield AC (instead of the regular 3) when fighting defensively. So the +7 shield AC I receive from the new feat (BAB of 39/5) is changed to the +6 or the old feat it seems.

Now that is if you have two weapons equipped then switch on combat expertise.

If I have combat expertise on first then equip the off hand weapon the AC goes up by 3. Not something that is ideal to do in the middle of combat but it is a work around.

I haven't tested in the combat log yet. So this all may just be the character sheet and inventory screen not doing its job.

Itaasi

Post#59 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:22 am

I use Sey'ryu's Tooth on my Cleric. It gives Two-weapon Defense and Improved Two-weapon defense.
When I enable Improved Combat Expertise I don't dip in AC at all but gain the +6 I should get.
Therefore I think the bug lies in the way Greater Two-weapon Defense and (Improved) Combat Expertise stack.

Brumm

Post#60 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:39 am

Itaasi wrote:Therefore I think the bug lies in the way Greater Two-weapon Defense and (Improved) Combat Expertise stack.

Yes, that is the case probably.
I changed the way how we handle combat modes recently for performance reasons. Changing combat mode related stuff - like the combination of Combat Expertise and Greater Two Weapon Defense - is a bit more difficult now and I didn't have the time to write a documentation of my changes so far so Fan couldn't know where and how to change it. What you see at the moment is the combination of the former Two Weapon Defense rule from Keadrin and the new one.

We'll fix it as soon as possible but I am a bit short on time these days so it might take a while.

Brumm

Return to “Proposed Changes”