Dodge AC Lifting Changes

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
adam

Re: Dodge AC Lifting Changes

Post#41 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:51 pm

a sorcerer would get +10 dodge AC from divine shield and epic mage armor?

Fan

Post#42 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:34 am

Epic Mage Armor and Divine Shield do not stack with each other. Let me know if you managed to get them stack in test server.

Shield skin does not stack with shield spell or any other source of magical shield AC bonus

adam

Post#43 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:54 am

in regards to shield skin - what is the philosophy behind this? Give 2handers AC? A character with:

10 (base)
3 (tumble)
1 LoH
5 (A. Skin I-III)
48 (ER1 forged gear)
8 (full plate)
3 (dex)
1 (haste)
1 (weapon supremacy)
1 (armor spec)
7 (30 BAB & empty off hand shield skin)

would have 88 AC. Let's say that they picked up 9 AC from Divine Shield, and DD (either of them) - that would only be 97. I don't think you should or shouldn't make 2hnders viable, but isn't this a case of pearls before swine? who is this feat intended for? archers maybe?

Fan

Post#44 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:03 am

The design of shield skin is for two hander and bow users. The main goal is to create more choices for building. Right now, almost everyone simply grab monkey grip and go one hand to enjoy the 14 AC from heavy shield. What I hope is that this shield skin could be an alternative to the monkey grip strategy. Also I intend to make this feat more useful at higher level (more than 30). We just reduced EXP cap, it is good create some incentive to level up.

Suppose if you have +35 str and 35+ BAB, shield skin will grant you 8~9 AC, but you enjoy the extra 20+ damage from normal STR damage and bonus STR damage. Also you do not take -2 AB penalty. I believe 8~9AC + 20+ damage + 2 AB is roughly at same level with 14 AC. Therefore I believe this will be a new option for people to build, especially if the build can have enough feats to take additional heavy armor optimization line (3 feats for 4 AC), then you should be sitting at a comfortable AC number (but not stellar).

The reason to use BAB is because I want to give more to high BAB classes rather than buffed cleric/bard.

Itaasi

Post#45 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:28 am

I did some testing of Shield Skin on my Archer. It works properly, but Armor Skin II and Armor Skin III seem to be bugged.
They only apply their AC, when I cast Barkskin on myself. I suspect something's been altered when Shield Skin was introduced.
Also: My archer only gains +2 AC total with the Shield Skin and the Barkskin nerf. She reaches 107 self-buffed, which is pretty good for an archer, but I'd hoped to get a little more... Oh, well... :(

adam

Post#46 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:01 am

Does a change in BAB effect shield skin? I.e. Divine Power or Legionnaires March? I have seen the latter bump BAB to ~60...

Fan

Post#47 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:33 am

No. Only your true BAB counts.

Fan

Post#48 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:33 am

Itaasi wrote:I did some testing of Shield Skin on my Archer. It works properly, but Armor Skin II and Armor Skin III seem to be bugged.
They only apply their AC, when I cast Barkskin on myself. I suspect something's been altered when Shield Skin was introduced.
Also: My archer only gains +2 AC total with the Shield Skin and the Barkskin nerf. She reaches 107 self-buffed, which is pretty good for an archer, but I'd hoped to get a little more... Oh, well... :(

I will check what happened.

Cataca

Post#49 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:55 am

When i tested it with divine power AC didnt change. Didnt test it with legionaires march, but i assume its the same thing (and thank god, that would seriously screw over balance).

One thing though, the AC debuff in c 3.12+ means all of my divine shield/epic mage armor toons are getting a net AC loss of about 7-10. Intended or byproduct? Most of my toons dont have a great deal of AC to begin with, this change really really hurts them. My theurge for instance who was around 95 AC prepatch is now at a constant 86 in any chapter with a AC debuffer present.

Is it at all possible to make the AC debuff not apply to low AC builds? That could potentially solve a great many issues, though if not i feel that unless you remove the debuff, quite a few people are going to be unable to play some of their toons that are considered "low" ac, but get by by previously overcapping their dodge AC.

Fan

Post#50 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Cataca wrote:One thing though, the AC debuff in c 3.12+ means all of my divine shield/epic mage armor toons are getting a net AC loss of about 7-10. Intended or byproduct? Most of my toons dont have a great deal of AC to begin with, this change really really hurts them. My theurge for instance who was around 95 AC prepatch is now at a constant 86 in any chapter with a AC debuffer present.

I would say we simply eliminate those AC debuff auras.

Return to “Proposed Changes”