Dodge AC Lifting Changes

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Fan

Re: Dodge AC Lifting Changes

Post#21 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Armor skin changes integrated into the change list.

Cataca

Post#22 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:51 am

So, i ran a couple of builds on the testserver, and i couldnt find any bugs so far. Stacking works properly as far as i could tell.

That said, when i made a 18 bard, 10 CL, 10 BS, 2 SD build to check out if everything works out with semi-persistent bonuses i came across a unrelated matter:

Snowflake Wardance has some serious issues. With the build above i was able to get some 3 AB from it at 30 and some 4 post 17 levels of bard, but according to the description it accounts for bard PRCs (which it doesnt), it also fired its fatigue thing off preeety randomly, sometimes after i rested and didnt activate the ability. And it didnt last nearly as long as it should have, with some 30~ base perform i barley got to 10 or so rounds.

edit: ugh, after realizing that i forgot to equip a charisma item, i am up to a 6 AB bonus and the duration works out fine again, im a dunce. (though according to the description the AB bonus should still be higher, i suspect there is something wrong with accounting casterlevels for practiced caster and bladedancer, or something)

Fan

Post#23 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't think BladeSinger counts as a BardPrc for TrueBardLevels, because it does not provide any bard song level progression. Only three PrC counts: CL, StormSinger, and DisonantChord. If that's the AB bonus error you are talking about.

Also Practiced Spell Caster does not count for TrueBardLevel as well. The only thing counts are CL/StormSinger/DC levels you have (in case you take bard spell progression).

Lomir

Post#24 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Lyric Thaumaturge should as well, unless the class description is wrong.

Fan

Post#25 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 am

Yeah! You are right. LT counts as well. Basically only those classes that provide bard song progression counts.

Fan

Post#26 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Shield skin changed to only for fighting with one hand empty.

Greater two weapon defense has changed to be a similar feat of shield skin for two weapon fighters.

Cataca

Post#27 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Does "one hand empty" still work with things such as spears/bows and greatswords and such?

Garasou

Post#28 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:27 pm

Do the changes to Divine Shield also apply to it's Epic brother? Also could you take this opportunity to make EDS actually useful as it apparently only adds a minuscule amount of concealment (as at most it will give you 25% at ER5 and 50 Charisma) to the base Divine Shield.

Fan

Post#29 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Cataca wrote:Does "one hand empty" still work with things such as spears/bows and greatswords and such?

Yeah, it applies to fighting with bows or fighting with two-hand weapon. It just does not apply to two weapon fighting.

Fan

Post#30 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Garasou wrote:Do the changes to Divine Shield also apply to it's Epic brother? Also could you take this opportunity to make EDS actually useful as it apparently only adds a minuscule amount of concealment (as at most it will give you 25% at ER5 and 50 Charisma) to the base Divine Shield.

With the duration buff of Divine Shield actually Epic Divine Shield benefited most because now you get much longer concealment. Note that the effect from divine shield is not dispellable. 1 feat for long-duration 25% non-dispellable concealment is not bad. I would wait for a while and see how the builds change after the dodge cap lifting. If paladin does needs some buffs, I may buff 1 extra AC or so for Epic Divine Shield.

Return to “Proposed Changes”