[POLL] How should we change Monk AC

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.

Poll: How should we address AC balance problem around Monk AC

Poll ended at Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 am

Don't change Monk AC feat, but adjust other feats
74%
Move Monk AC feat to Monk level 8
26%
Total votes: 23

Cervantes

Re: [POLL] How should we change Monk AC

Post#41 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:24 am

I bow to Cataca's psychic abilities. He sure called this one.

*heads back over to the C&B to plan LLC stuff*
Grevaine the Blackbird, recruiter for the Arcane Society
Hank Stone, tinkerer and supporter of the down-trodden
Rembrask Alhavisk, not-so-pleasant mercenary
Baelnorn, DM

MortisCorpus

Post#42 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Weight.

Interesting idea there. A measure unkept and highly overlooked.
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

gazoo

Post#43 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:35 pm

no, action, at least in my opinion, means that the hack n' slash part overrides the role-playing

Then we need to create a mode where players can not die, if no risk is preferred. Those that enjoy pretending they have risk but don't want this to actually be the case will be pleased. You can have it all:

Easy mode (now accepted to be standard practice), uber- items, and no chance to fail. (little or no chance, what's the difference?)

:roll:

Weight. I've pushed this regularly. Player's don't seem interested want this; the RP or multiplayer aspect here apparently serves only to stroke egos, it would seem-which running normal diminishes...

I'd go so far as to give EX no benefit at all except bragging rights. no xp, no bonus items. Put a mob AB cap on normal for a player AC of 90, and don't cap EX.

(I predict a large number will not play EX, even so). Just Nerf anything not related to the player. When something is so broken, here the only way to fix it without outcry is to accept the fact it simply will remain so and embrace it.

Cait_Sith

Post#44 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:04 pm

gazoo wrote:Then we need to create a mode where players can not die, if no risk is preferred. Those that enjoy pretending they have risk but don't want this to actually be the case will be pleased. You can have it all:

I don't say there shouldn't be a risk, if somebody just stands around or act stupid he/she dies, no question, but there also should be a mode where dying can be a calculated risk, especially for new players; lets call it easy without a god-mode.

gazoo wrote:I'd go so far as to give EX no benefit at all except bragging rights. no xp, no bonus items.

100% with you, just not sure with the second part:
gazoo wrote:Put a mob AB cap on normal for a player AC of 90, and don't cap EX.
, but i wouldn't mind giving it a try to see how it works.

Loric Elder

Post#45 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Cataca wrote:
edit: The "exoskeleton" is a new base armor, not a feat. But it speaks volumes that you think a flat 17 AC feat would be a good idea for balance. :roll:

give me a break, I never said 17 ac? :lol: :roll:
simply was saying, that sounded like a fairly good name for a feat.
*Sorry if you posting "*Fan's feat" was a little vague, it's pretty easy to think you were talking about what he posted about the first choice he posted, and later spoke of again. Considering you so "Die Hard" to gimp the monk dip.

gazoo wrote:
Then we need to create a mode where players can not die, if no risk is preferred. Those that enjoy pretending they have risk but don't want this to actually be the case will be pleased. You can have it all:

Easy mode (now accepted to be standard practice), uber- items, and no chance to fail. (little or no chance, what's the difference?)
:roll:
Weight. I've pushed this regularly. Player's don't seem interested want this; the RP or multiplayer aspect here apparently serves only to stroke egos, it would seem-which running normal diminishes...
I'd go so far as to give EX no benefit at all except bragging rights. no xp, no bonus items. Put a mob AB cap on normal for a player AC of 90, and don't cap EX.
(I predict a large number will not play EX, even so). Just Nerf anything not related to the player. When something is so broken, here the only way to fix it without outcry is to accept the fact it simply will remain so and embrace it.

Create a cant die mode. . . :lol: :roll:
:? man why would/dose it matter to you, you *Haven't even played here for over a *Year.

I'm thinking those that don't play on the server. Should not be involved in policy making, considering they have no idea what populations feelings are.
Might as well just put this up on face book and let them get involved in server policy. Their would not be much more difference than listening to someone who's not been in game for 14-17 months. :roll: opinions on things.

*Loric

MortisCorpus

Post#46 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:53 pm

All feelings and sides considered, it is not advised to continue any argument in any fashion on this thread.

I want to leave it open to see poll results, so please, leave this thread for votes only.

Zan

Post#47 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Fan wrote:The new feat is roughly like this:

Shield Skin

Requires: 30+BAB, 30+ Str or 30+ Dex

When you are fighting without shield and double weapons (i.e., with no more than 4 shield bonus AC). You gain 3 natural AC (stacking with everything else). Monk does not gain any AC bonus from this feat.

Could we use Wisdom?
Requires: 30+BAB, 30+Str or 30+Dex or 30+Wis

Blame The Rogue

Post#48 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:44 pm

with no option C, and option A being reworded to address the real issue, IE, non-caster, non-dexers needing ac help...I voted A

Loric Elder

Post#49 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 pm

MortisCorpus wrote: I want to leave it open to see poll results, so please, leave this thread for votes only.

If we are actually using this thread for the poll. Should we not add the option "C"?
Or are we just counting those on our fingers, and toe's. ;)

*I'm not seeing a change in option "A", it still says monk will no longer get the armor skin's.

*Can we please add a Option "C", so people stopping in to vote. Know they have that choice also. If not, once again; "How can this poll ever have hope of being at all accurate, as to the community's feelings"?

*Loric
Last edited by Loric Elder on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MortisCorpus

Post#50 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Fan stated before that he had revised the vote criteria. After re-reading the vote criteria I have no argument with the options presented as a valid poll. This supposed option C was before Fan made his post revision. If an option C was to go forward the only change would be that no changes/feats of any kind would be made.

The current vote options allow for a yes or no option to monk changes. There is still the elusive silent option C, where 66% is never obtained for a vote category and nothing happens at all. That said, if a majority exists, then of course feats would or would not be implemented accordingly.

Return to “Proposed Changes”