BETATEST REQUIRED: Capped Spell Immunity

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Itaasi

Re: BETATEST REQUIRED: Capped Spell Immunity

Post#31 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Just tested The Asylum Smith's Hammer on my Cleric.
Now the 10% Cold Vulnerability does appear on the item, but it still isn't in effect... Or Energy Immunity brings you to 100% Cold Immunity no matter what...

Brumm

Post#32 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Cold damage seems to be the culprit. Did you have an item with 100% synthetic cold immunity before?
It seems like this little bugger causes problems.

Edit: I am pretty sure now that the artificial immunity is the culprit. I tested with the same items like you on a char who never had the artificial cold immunity and I got correct restults. Ahriman on the other hand is completely immune to cold damage, no matter what I do. My guess so far is that changing the artificial immunity by the new capped one causes problems when the item is equipped.
I'll investigate a bit more.

Naamarikala

Post#33 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:54 pm

I tested with a character who had 100 % synthetic cold immunity on his cloak before. Now, with 20 % vulnerability to cold, the character resisted 80 % of cold dmg.

Brumm

Post#34 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Naamarikala wrote:I tested with a character who had 100 % synthetic cold immunity on his cloak before. Now, with 20 % vulnerability to cold, the character resisted 80 % of cold dmg.

So it worked fine, it seems.
I tried to reproduce the problem by creating a cloak with synthetic immunity and changed it while it was in the slot. The problem did NOT occur so my guess was wrong. I have really no idea why Ahriman has permanent 9999 cold resistance but he has.

Brumm

Post#35 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Hit me with a shovel. Ahriman is not immune. He just has 10 cold resistance from Frost Mage.
Itaasi, please check again if you have cold resistance from an inventory item or class feat.

Naamarikala

Post#36 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:00 am

Some of my characters also have resistances, but you can see how much damage each type of immunity shrugs off in the log.

Brumm

Post#37 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:51 am

If Itaasi can confirm that it works on his character, we can push everything to production. The results I got make totally sense now.

Itaasi

Post#38 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:06 am

I'll test it as soon as I get the opportunity today.
You were right about the Synthetic Cold Immunity though. I have the legendary material that gives it on my cloak.

I'll get back to you with my test results as soon as I have them :)
Itaasi

Itaasi

Post#39 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:44 am

Tested Cold Immunity + Vulnerability on my Cleric just now. The 100% Synthetic Cold Immunity on my cloak had been made into "regular" Cold Immunity and the 100% Cold Vulnerability on my Asylum Smith's Hammer cancelled it out, as it should.

bsb5652
Site Admin

Post#40 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Brumm just noticed that I forgot an updated hak file when putting the beta patch rar together. Tester's please redownload and try again. Sorry for the doofusry.

http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/downloads/BETAPATCH.rar
Brian Bloom

Realms of Trinity Executive Producer & Game Creator
http://www.realmsoftrinity.com

Return to “Proposed Changes”