Enigma

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Brumm

Enigma

Post#1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:57 am

Hello everybody,

like you probably know, we have a rune word called Enigma which grants you the Teleport feat even if you don't meet the requirements. The regular Teleport feat has a cool down of 30 seconds and requires 26 Arcane Caster level while Enigma removes the cool down entirely and grants you the feat for free. At the moment you can put the rune word just on quarterstaffs.

Now to the reason for this post: I am thinking about removing the cool down and allow Enigma on armors instead of quarterstaffs. The Teleport feat is useful but by far not gamebreaking and it wouldn't hurt anybody if we remove the cool down. And since the required runes are pretty high, we don't need to fear that every fighter runs around with Teleport in future (though, an archer with it sounds quite cool to me :-) ).

What do you think about such a change?

Brumm

Edit: For now I reduced the cooldown to 12 seconds and improved the spell mechanic a bit.

graywanderer

Re: Enigma

Post#2 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:59 am

A heavy armor chopper teleport around with his huge scythe? That's cool~

Itaasi

Post#3 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 am

I like the idea!
I can just picture my archer teleporting from the valley to the ledge bit of smuggler's again and again to avoid melee enemies :P

Zan

Post#4 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi. If I hide myself and I use teleport, I will be still hidden?

Brumm

Post#5 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:50 pm

Nope, you should become visible if you cast a spell.

Fan

Post#6 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 pm

This idea is not bad.

Just to say it would be nice to have another competitive choice for the rune word at Armor, so that this does not become the go-to rune word for everyone. People can make decision between at least two.

Cataca

Post#7 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:10 pm

IMHO the feat should be stronger than the runeword. The runes may be rare as is, but as time passes and people get more runes, it is going to become much more common so it makes little sense to me the feat that is constricted by build a weaker option than the one everyone can use.

Just my two cents, i am fine with whatever :lol:

Loric Elder

Post#8 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:59 pm

*As long as it takes to make the rune words', I doubt any of them will ever be common.

*Loric

Brumm

Post#9 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:54 am

Loric Elder wrote:*As long as it takes to make the rune words', I doubt any of them will ever be common.

*Loric

You are right that it is hard to get the higher runes at the moment. But the Abyss area might change that. If you solo the area you'll get at least 5 runes. For each further player you can get up to 2 runes more. Not to mention the chance to get another rune just for killing mobs in there.

Loric Elder

Post#10 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:12 am

*Sweet, although not sure who's going to solo it, maybe *Fan, *Robin, or Catca maybe a couple of the other guys. ;)
I know I don't have any thing built, and geared yet that will do it.
But that is great for group play. I'd love to see your Rune words common. :D

*Loric

Return to “Proposed Changes”