New base class

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Lomir

Re: New base class

Post#21 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

First and foremost I would like to say that I absolutely appreciate everything that you've brought to this server over the years. I love the PrC's, the flexibility they bring, and honestly the general balancing provided by your core code (modified by the rest of the ROT staff to fit the overall balance of the server).

That being said, every time I see you post about classes, I get super sad-cited... I want them all, and I want them now! I know you're working on them and everything, but... but... I need more things and stuff! :D

pumpprodigy

Post#22 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Hmm...classes I would like to see.

Magic Missile Mage was really fun, and without twine + repeating metamagic, it should not utterly blow up the server. Oh, but I guess this is not a base class, woops!

The Tome of Battle classes I drool over, and I just recently found out someone made a mod with them that is not too shabby. Its largely inspired off of your own creations he said as well.

If you make a necromancer class, I always loved the idea of playing a class that was all about 'The Creature' a super powerful, upgradeable monster that grows stronger as you progress (Summoner in pathfinder is a lot like this now that I think about it)

Archivist has always been a major favorite class of mine from the Heroes of Horror book, but I would take great care in making something like this as it could break the game without careful adjustments and limitations.

Clangeddin_86

Post#23 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:59 am

Armiger.
Though now that I think about it, it'd probably need some re-evaluation to work on RoT, because most of his boons are found on items in this server. >.>

Kaedrin

Post#24 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:18 am

I've been working possible ways to make the Armiger a better base class for this server (and in general maybe) by trying to figure out how to focus on the heavy armor aspect and maybe the combat styles with it (such as maybe a utility melee using charges and slams). Spiked armor, armor blades, and possibly even a two-hander focus.

Necromancer and Summoner I keep circling back around trying to make each different or perhaps a subset of the same class (such as an artificer for golem construction, necromancer for undead, summoner for elementals) where they have the same core abilities (a blast, a cone, a pet, etc) but their "focus/specialization" turns them into something a bit different.

Like a Necromancer would have lifedrains and other debuffs but the summoner would focus on elemental effects. The artificer could focus on making a pet that is immune to status effects and other durability/enchantment capabilities). The key being to not make them a "caster" but to make them centered around a pet and having basic self-utility abilities (damage output, buffs, etc).

I work on this kind of stuff a lot when I have free time during lunches since it's just a matter of writing notes. :)
My latest work can be read about on my blog found here: http://kaedrin-nwn2.blogspot.com/

Kensu

Post#25 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:30 pm

I think beastmaster is an amazing idea. Having a class dedicated to being a pet class would be fantastic. You mean I can have two dinosaurs running around?!? SOLD!

Aureilo

Post#26 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:41 am

Kaedrin wrote: Necromancer and Summoner I keep circling back around trying to make each different or perhaps a subset of the same class (such as an artificer for golem construction, necromancer for undead, summoner for elementals) where they have the same core abilities (a blast, a cone, a pet, etc) but their "focus/specialization" turns them into something a bit different.

Please do that. I want summoner class :D

Return to “Proposed Changes”