Runewords

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Lomir

Re: Runewords

Post#31 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:34 pm

In that case, I feel as though we should have a drinking contest. I have plenty of vodka, and a kidney that I'm not super fond of!

FalconTamer

Post#32 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:21 pm

I'll see your kidney and raise you one liver.

MortisCorpus

Post#33 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Second Runeword:

"ShhiiiNeee'Obee". It's called "Ninja" and adds the difference necessary to all attributes so that your lowest attribute is 50 to Key function, Alt+F4. It is not RP tied and should be used only in extreme circumstances, when you need to unplug and run from bears..
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

FalconTamer

Post#34 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:05 pm

OK... Runes are dropping aplenty. So what about them there so-called "Rune Werds?" For now, this is what will happen and take careful note of the potential the negative effects:

DM's will potentially reward Players after Events with an item called "Mysterious Drow Book." Once activated on a Toon, the Toon's Lore Skill + a d20 roll will be checked against a DC of 20... If they succeed, the Toon will be given a separate book with a random Rune Word on it. In both cases, whether they fail or succeed, the original book will be destroyed as it is a one-shot.

BEWARE: this is a true skill check - if the Toon has taken ZERO skill points in Lore, they will always fail.

This has been tested and pushed and when the next server update happens, Rune Words will start flowing.

[EDIT] ---- Also note - this process only gives you an insight to a Rune Word. You still have to have the actual Runes :P

FT

FalconTamer

Post#35 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:21 pm

As far as Rune Words are concerned, there is no need for brumm to hit the gin bottle and abuse his liver. This does not exclude any other reason for that pursuit.

Rune Words have now been rolled out, active on the server and tested. Some of these tomes are likely to be handed out this afternoon during the AS event.

Drakkon

Post#36 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:55 pm

FalconTamer wrote:As far as Rune Words are concerned, there is no need for brumm to hit the gin bottle and abuse his liver. This does not exclude any other reason for that pursuit.

Rune Words have now been rolled out, active on the server and tested. Some of these tomes are likely to be handed out this afternoon during the AS event.

Bribing people to be there...I like it.

robintehdestroye

Post#37 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 am

will there be a way to collect the tombs without getting involved in RP events? I am quite found of this server but rp is not really my thing and would rather opt out of those type of events. Just curious.

Brumm

Post#38 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:10 am

Yes. We are on it.

Cervantes

Post#39 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 am

Also, keep in mind - you don't need to have the tomes to use the runes...they're just recipes. If you know the recipe already because someone told you, you don't need the tome - it's just knowledge, not a functional item. Other folks might be more than willing to share/sell recipes.

For example, Frank uses a tome and learns that the recipe for "Gunmetal" (+20 to Charisma with Military Personnel) on a CROSSBOW is Poot-Ecky-Womp. Frank tells Lisa the recipe in a /t because he knows Lisa likes crossbows, so now Lisa has the info, no book needed on her part.
Grevaine the Blackbird, recruiter for the Arcane Society
Hank Stone, tinkerer and supporter of the down-trodden
Rembrask Alhavisk, not-so-pleasant mercenary
Baelnorn, DM

FalconTamer

Post#40 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:50 am

Correct, Geo and Brumm!

And just to be clear to everyone, using Geo's example: If the Rune word for "Gunmetal" is Poot-Ecky-Womp then that is the order in which you are to apply the three runes to the CROSSBOW - First Poot, Second Ecky, Third Womp. If you apply the correct runes but not in the correct order, you don't get the Rune Word... you get three runes applied to an item. Also, if you apply the correct runes to an incorrect item you will not get a Rune Word - the magic is targeted at specific items and these are specified in the Tome.

In all cases where you (the player) does something incorrectly, we (the DM's) will NOT intervene to fix the situation.

FT

Return to “Proposed Changes”