Runewords

Developers, want feedback? Ask the players here.
Brumm

Re: Runewords

Post#21 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:00 pm

We rolled the stuff out already in a sneaky push last weekend so you can get runes already :-).

We didn't have the time to discuss how the runewords will be published so far. We'll do that soon.

Stay tuned!

Brumm

Lomir

Post#22 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:04 pm

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman, and may have decided what I'm going to be doing for a few hours tonight :P

Brumm

Post#23 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Something went wrong with the icon push it seems so you might find runes without icons (again) :lol: .
I fixed it already so it must be a misunderstanding between Brian and me. The runes will get icons soon.

Lomir

Post#24 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 pm

I can honestly say that I could care less about the icons, as long as I can get runes!

Oberu

Post#25 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say.. please keep the rune words out of a list or post on the forums.. it takes the fun out of things. I know eventually word of mouth will carry them but that is the way it should be. So far I've had no bugs or bad experiences with the runes I've tried. Great work again!
"I value a good team playing experience, where atleast one poor sot falls on his sword three or four times... ", Old Man Jeenkins

MortisCorpus

Post#26 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Super neat-o!!

PS, that is the rune word for invincibility...
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Brumm

Post#27 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:22 am

Little update: I checked the rune drop logs and can say that things are working very good so far. I'll adjust the drop rate just a little bit now. Most important change is that runes can only drop on creatures with a CR of 15+ (EX mode) in future. And I'll slightly reduce the overall dropchance of runes.

First Runewords will be published by DMs in game soon. As far as I know Falcon and Geo are working on something for it.

Brumm

Edit: I want to add something about trading runes. Higher runes are MUCH more rare than lower runes because we are using a logarithmic drop code. If you are one of the very lucky guys who got a Junzk rune or even a higher one - one guy got a Parkrn rune already - for example, don't trade it for shit. Some drop chances to illustrate the value of higher runes (all based on a CR 35 mob):
Zirtid: 1:25.000
Parkrn: 49:25.000
Hiedz: 1108:25.000
Draz: 5264:25.000
Arkku: 16935:25.000

Edit 2 for clarification:
There are two checks made when you kill a monster with a CR of 15+ on EX:
1. First one checks IF you get a rune (chance 1:250 at the moment 1:400 after next reboot)
2. Second one checks WHICH rune you get (check the drop chances above; and "no", I wont publish the exact drop code :-) )

FalconTamer

Post#28 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:48 am

brumm wrote:

2. Second one checks WHICH rune you get (check the drop chances above; and "no", I wont publish the exact drop code :-) )
Brumm

Drop code algorithm is patent pending ;-)

robintehdestroye

Post#29 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:09 pm

So trying to figure out how to use one of these runes i accidently used it directly on my character rather then a item (as upon further inspection of this topic i assume is the correct way to use it) did i waste the rune in the process? Just on a fact finding mission, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Brumm

Post#30 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Yep, you lost it.

Short explanation with the first published rune word as an example:
The rune word is "KarruIzraArkku". Its called "Trapper" and adds +5 to all trap skills to a pair of GLOVES/BRACERS of your choice. It wont work on other item types but you can forge crookweave or plot tied items (of the correct type)! What you need to do to get the runeword bonus is simple: Use the item property of the first rune (Karru) on the item you want to forge. The log will tell you which rune you used and which runes are stored on the item. Then you can add the second one (Izra). Log message should show you now "KarruIzra" as a runeword on your item. If you add Arkku now you should get the skill points to your item and an updated item name.

We have already many more runewords but I am waiting for our RP DMs to find a good way to publish them. You need to wait for the DMs or for me being drunk :) .

Brumm

Return to “Proposed Changes”