Cormyrean RP Campaign

Zorteper

Cormyrean RP Campaign

Post#1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 am

I will be hosting a series of Cormyrean RP Sessions, starting as soon as possible.
This will be as close to an "Pen & Paper" or "Table Top" Adventure, as it gets.

Most Sessions will be held during the Weekendly Afternoons, Server time. Roughly between 1pm and 7pm (EST)
But once we get the Group set up, we can and will plan our Sessions with accuracy.

There will be several layers to this, one of which is playing the actual Cormyrean Campaign,
so the Group will be starting from scratch, and I will be adding several Sub Plots as well
as more Background stories, and even greater threats than what is already present.

This means that you as a Player need not having any prior experience with Realms of Trinity,
the Cormyrean Expanse, or anything for that matter... Even Neverwinter Nights itself.
The only thing that is expected of you, is the desire to Roleplay your Character.
Basic knowledge of Dungeons & Dragons is preferable, of course.

This is your chance to create a truly Epic Character in the Cormyrean Expanse!

For this I will be needing a group of 2 to 6 dedicated, devoted and committed Players.
This will not be for the weak hearted or random kind of Players.
Patience and a certain level of maturity will be expected.

Needless to say you must be willing and able to follow the Code of Conduct stated here:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=350

But in addition we will be using the Societas Draconis Rules for Closed Groups as stated here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=50

As this isn't going to be arranged as your usual random type of Game play,
I will be needing "applications" from you, the Players, for this one, so that I may tailor specifics.

In order for you to qualify, you will need to send me a PM containing:
Name, Race, Gender, Age, Alignment, Base Class, a Build description, and a short bio.

The more effort you invest in your Character, the bigger the reward for all!

Once I start receiving Applications, I will announce an expiration and a launch date.
Zorteper______________________________________
Master of Serjeants with the Knights Hospitallier
Loresmith with the Loremasters
Guildmaster of Societas Draconis________________
DM Zorquan

Zorteper

Re: Cormyrean RP Campaign

Post#2 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 am

Last call on this... 8-)
DM Zorquan

Sorcerking

Post#3 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:05 am

Lady and I are in on this. We didn't see the original post and were actually waiting like something like this to happen.
We don't have any characters made up yet, but we will get on it.
Thanks for doing this!

Zorteper

Post#4 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:55 am

Applications are now closed :mrgreen:
I'll announce the Launch Date as soon as we've knitted up the details on each of the Characters.
DM Zorquan

Zorteper

Post#5 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 am

These are some of the Questions I've received during the Application phase:

I am wondering if the conversational skills, intimidate, diplomacy and bluff will be used?

Alltho' Skills like that dont usually come into play here, you might find yourself rolling against them at times.
This is an RP Campaign, not just Hack n' Slash, so unless you're playing a mute I'd suggest some conversational skills.

We are going to need a divine caster to raise dead. Are druids considered that?

Nope, Druids aren't Divined... They're more in touch with Nature than the Sky, so to speak.
"Druids cast divine spells much the same way clerics do, though most get their spells from the power of nature rather than from deities."

What level, and how much xp we will start with.

I will strip all your XP setting you at 0xp, and I'll take most your gold leaving you with 100gp.

Will we be able to purchase a bag of holding with our wish shards?

Nope… You can't use anything you've aquired by using other Characters.
If or when you find Wish Shards you may put them to use, of course.

How will "Playing by Alignment" work?

It will be like when you do something obviosly considered "Good", I'll move your Alignment 1 point in that Direction.
Or if something "Evil" one point in that Direction. That also goes for "Lawful" and "Chaotic".

Basically you have 0/0 being true Chaotic Evil, and 100/100 being true Lawful Good, which means you'll start at 50/50 if True Neutral.
The boundries are at 0-30, 31-69, 70-100.

Whenever you play outside of your Alignment, I'll adjust a "slider" abit, and if, and only when you cross the border to a different Alignment will you be punished.
Crossing any boundry will be punished by Level x 1000xp.
This will also mean you can't take future Classes that required your previous Alignment.

For instance, taking what is not yours(stealing) is by definition a Chaotic act, while leaving it for the rightfull owner is a Lawful act.
But notice that stealing isn't nescessarily an Evil act. Attacking someone unprovoked is, but it depends on the victim whether it's considered Lawful or Chaotic.
As the DM I will decide what is right and wrong under given circumstances, and adjust accordingly.
DM Zorquan

Return to “"The Outsiders" a Cormyrean RP Campaign”