For new players from a new player

Aggregated information and player-written walkthroughs.
Grumblefloof

Re: For new players from a new player

Post#11 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:26 pm

The last thing I want to do is impact server performance. I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

MadMage999

Post#12 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Heathir wrote:Excellent you two and thank you. It's updated. I might be presumptuous to be posting this, but I am a chatter box;-)

On the contrary, it might be very helpful, provided it's kept updated.
Co-Founder: Arcane Society

TwinHaelix

Post#13 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks for this post! I'm a new player (I post this having started 3 days ago) and I've already found a lot of what you said to be true. I'm saving up wish shards for my MetaPrepa and a true Bag of Holding for my Gish :)

addict-ant

Post#14 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Personally - I thoroughly dislike the metaprep rod (and i know some agree with me for the same reasons).

If anyone in the party is in combat (regardless of distance) it will auto-slow cast, wasting spells and is a real pain in the backside for events.

I much prefer the Fastbuff Rod - you only need to be a certain distance from any fighting for it to work and, more importantly, if you're too close to combat it simply won't fire.

TwinHaelix

Post#15 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:41 pm

addict-ant wrote:Personally - I thoroughly dislike the metaprep rod (and i know some agree with me for the same reasons).

I had been planning to go for MetaPrepa because I'd used that mod for NWN2 OC and enjoyed it for buffing the whole party.

I think I understand conceptually that the buff storage works differently on fastbuff (spells target the fastbuff rod, which records them and cycles through metamagic variants each time a given buff is cast on it, vs. a "macro recorder" mode on MetaPrepa), but does fastbuff support having multiple targets for buffs? For example, if I have a high-level wizard and I want to buff both myself and my golem, can I support that with one fastbuff trigger? Or, if I can't, could I buy two fastbuff rods and have one rod hold buffs for my character and the other rod hold the companion buffs?

Valariax

Post#16 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:54 pm

TwinHaelix wrote: could I buy two fastbuff rods and have one rod hold buffs for my character and the other rod hold the companion buffs?

Absolutely, many players do. I actually have a FS who has four - three are for self: one for 24+ hr duration buffs, one for minutes/lvl, one for rounds/lvl, and the fourth is for companions and/or summons. Maybe that's a little too much for some players, but it is relatively common to at least have one for personal buffs and one for group buffs.
DM - Chronicle
DM - Maëlys

MortisCorpus

Post#17 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Easy Mode is no longer scheduled for removal. Feel free to choose the mode you prefer
Developer, Administrator, Lord of Ahala
AG_7's Resource Compilation

Return to “Compilations, FAQs & Walkthroughs”