kc2345 wrote:Tested on beta and things seem more or less to work as expected. Nothing appears to be destabilizing the server. I also made the following observations:
1) There should be more spells added from level 7-9. Currently, the selection is far too narrow, meaning a level 40 bard is able to learn almost all the spells. I suggest adding the following:
Greater Shadow Conjuration
Mass Cure Serious Wounds
Finger of Death
Mass Cure Critical Wounds
Greater Shadow Evocation
Summon Creature IX (currently missing)
2) Summon Creature VIII (8) has a bad strref, and summons a treant instead of the intended Earth Elemental. Perhaps this is the wrong version of the spell? Summon IX is completely missing.
3) Resonating Bolt is far too strong with Empower/Maximize due to its 2d6+2/CL scaling. I'm actually hitting over 1,500 per cast with a max level bard with Lyric Thaumaturge, Sonic Might, and the Curse Song debuff. I would recommend changing it to 2d4+4/CL. This keeps the base damage constant for the non-metamagic spell, but reduces the impact of Empower/Maximize on this spell.
4) Sympathetic Vibrations cannot be Empowered/Maximized. I recommend either reducing the dice-based component and enabling Empower/Maximize, or just leaving it as-is.
5) Quicken/Auto-Quicken do not need to be custom added for bards anymore, as they can hit the base requirements of level 9 spells on their own now. We can just leave it as-is, but now we see 2 instances of AQ1-6 due to qualifying for both the base feat and the custom bard feat.
6) Would also recommend adding the "Heal" skill to the bard's list of known skills.
There are other QOL things that can be added to Lyric Thaumaturge, and level 7-9 slots for bard gear, but these are things to do in future.
KC's findings match my findings during testing perfectly, except I think bard already get mass blindness at 6?