Potential idea to expand the Epic Prowess feat line?

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Fan

Re: Potential idea to expand the Epic Prowess feat line?

Post#21 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:04 am

FYI, epic prowess 2-10 will first give magical bonus damage but once the immunity changes rolled in, we will change the feat and give bonus damage type based on your damage type of the weapon.

Samyx

Post#22 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:54 am

Change not necessary at all imho.
Fighter class needs overhaul instead.

fox

Post#23 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Samyx wrote:Change not necessary at all imho.

This is not about one singular class. I don't think an "overhaul" is necessary at all, just a few small "tweaks", and fighters right back in the game.
Sometimes I wonder if you only read the thumbnails? Did you see my post in here? Everyone else seemed on for it.

Samyx

Post#24 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:25 pm

fox wrote:

This is not about one singular class. I don't think an "overhaul" is necessary at all, just a few small "tweaks", and fighters right back in the game.
Sometimes I wonder if you only read the thumbnails? Did you see my post in here? Everyone else seemed on for it.

Fox, I am all for your purist feats proposals indeed so they finally become a bit useful, but I wanted to express mainly that I want fighters to be the best fighters, as simply as that.

fox

Post#25 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Samyx wrote:
fox wrote:

Fox, I am all for your purist feats proposals indeed so they finally become a bit useful, but I wanted to express mainly that I want fighters to be the best fighters, as simply as that.

All these subtle changes lean toward that exactly!

Brumm

Post#26 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 am

I did write this on Discord already because fox brought this post back up but just to make sure it doesn't get lost:

I don't think we should further use this concept of "fighter type class levels". It just created confusion about what class counts towards which class "type" in the past. Not to mention that the selction of classes that now count as "fighter type class levels" does not make much sense either. It feels like this was born out of the wish of having sets for these classes that now count either as fighter type or rogue type or whatever wihtout doing the work of creating dedicated sets. Furhtermore this concept really made set stacking a thing which shouldn't even be possibible in the first place. Anyways. Creating new and - this time hopefully more creative - sets instead would make much more sense to me. Especially because new items are much more of an incentive to play the game instead of just re-using your existing sets on severeal different builds.

Brumm

fox

Post#27 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Brumm wrote:I did write this on Discord already because fox brought this post back up but just to make sure it doesn't get lost:

I don't think we should further use this concept of "fighter type class levels". It just created confusion about what class counts towards which class "type" in the past. Not to mention that the selction of classes that now count as "fighter type class levels" does not make much sense either. It feels like this was born out of the wish of having sets for these classes that now count either as fighter type or rogue type or whatever wihtout doing the work of creating dedicated sets. Furhtermore this concept really made set stacking a thing which shouldn't even be possibible in the first place. Anyways. Creating new and - this time hopefully more creative - sets instead would make much more sense to me. Especially because new items are much more of an incentive to play the game instead of just re-using your existing sets on severeal different builds.

Brumm

Ok, So I changed that back to purist but added suggestion, of purist at lvl 18. Also the smites, I think there are 3 types of smite from fighter purist, they should be combined into 1 type instead of one for each type of caster.

Samyx

Post#28 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm

fox wrote:Suggest making fighter purist feat available at lvl 18 not 19 to make these feats better.

Epic Iron Sides
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Constitution [strike]21, Epic Toughness I, Fighter Purist
Range: Personal
Area of Effect / Target: Self
Duration: 1 Hour / Level
Uses Per Day: 4
You gain damage reduction 20/adamantine. The feat effect absorbs 10 15 points of damage per caster fighter level, to a maximum of 300 600, before fading. You gain an extra 50 points of damage absorbtion for each Epic Relevel attained.k.

Hello
In order to add an incentive, and to allow fighters to soak real damage, why not make it also Regenerative , similarily to epic warding ?

Epic Iron Sides
Prerequisite: Strength 21, Constitution [strike]21, Epic Toughness I, Fighter Purist
You gain damage reduction 20/adamantine. The feat effect absorbs 10 15 points of damage per caster fighter level, to a maximum of 300 Fighter levels *fighter levels, which regeneatesFighter levels HP per round before fading. You gain an extra 50 points of damage absorbtion for each Epic Relevel attained.

Brumm

Post#29 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:56 am

Samyx wrote:Hello
In order to add an incentive, and to allow fighters to soak real damage, why not make it also Regenerative , similarily to epic warding ?

Epic Iron Sides
You gain damage reduction 20/adamantine. The feat effect absorbs 10 15 points of damage per caster fighter level, to a maximum of 300 Fighter levels *fighter levels, which regeneatesFighter levels HP per round before fading. You gain an extra 50 points of damage absorbtion for each Epic Relevel attained.

Hey,

like I told you before that we try to avoid copying stuff stuff from one class to another. The goal is to make the different classes really different. And please don't complain about your suggestions being ignored. As long as you keep suggesting to give class X (more or less) the same feature class Y has your suggestions won't be implemented. Be creative and we'll consider your suggestions like we do it with all player suggestions. At the moment Brian and I are implementing two class overhauls which are completely player suggested simply because there were great ideas in it.

Not to mention that I don't know how to do what you suggested because you can't add regeneration to an effect. Epic Warding works completely different. Epic Warding uses the only way I know to do something like that. And that doesn't work just with DR but only with global damage absorption like it was done for Epic Warding.

Brumm

Samyx

Post#30 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:04 am

My sincere apologies for trying to improve something in a positive way for once.
I am simply not smart enough to understand how this works, and will not do it again.

Return to “General Discussions”