Collecting ideas on the AA/MM class set and MM updates. The AA class was recently updated by Brumm, so I don't think it needs further updates at this time.
Here is an idea for the MM class.
MM Class - keep saves, skills and HD at default.
Level 1: Spellcasting Progression, Marksman's Companion
Level 2: Careful Aim +1
Level 3: Weapon Specialization, Sniper's Camouflage I
Level 4: Bonus Feat (Improved Rapid Shot)
Level 5: Eagle Eye I
Level 6: Careful Aim +2
Level 7: Sniper's Camouflage II
Level 8: Bonus Feat (Greater Weapon Focus Longbow)
Level 9: Eagle Eye II
Level 10: Careful Aim +3
Level 11: Sniper's Camouflage III
Level 12: Ranged Weapon Mastery
Level 13: Bonus Feat, Greater Weapon Specialization Longbow, Eagle Eye III
Level 14: Careful Aim +4
Level 15: Sniper's Camouflage IV
Level 16: Bonus Feat, Bonus Feat (Ranger's One Shot)
Level 17: Eagle Eye IV
Level 18: Careful Aim +5
Level 19: Sniper's Camouflage V, Bonus Feat
Level 20: Bonus Feat (Epic Weapon Focus Longbow)
Level 21: Eagle Eye V
Level 22: Bonus Feat, Careful Aim +6
Level 23: Sniper's Camouflage VI, Bonus Feat (Epic Weapon Specialization Longbow)
Level 24: Bonus Feat
- Spellcasting: At each level, a marksman gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if she had also gained a Ranger level.
- Marksman's Companion: A marksman can add her class levels to her ranger level to determine the capabilities of her animal companion.
- Careful Aim: A marksman's skills with the longbow improve greatly with training, giving them a +1 attack and damage bonus when equipped with a longbow. This bonus improves by +1 for every 4 levels of marksman up to a maximum of +6 attack and damage at level 22.
- Weapon Specialization: A marksman gains the Weapon Specialization feat with the longbow at level 3. This improves to Greater Weapon Specialization at 13th and Epic Weapon Specialization at 23rd.
- Sniper's Camouflage: Starting at 3rd level, a marksman is able to blend in with her surroundings, making it difficult to target her from afar. The marksman gains +2 hide and 10% conceal versus ranged attacks. This ability improves by an additional +2 hide and +10% ranged conceal for every 4 levels, capping at +12 hide and 60% concealment versus ranged at level 23.
- Eagle Eye: Starting at 5th level, a marksman is able to spot nearby enemies and highlight them to allies. Enemies within 50' of the marksman suffer a -5 penalty to hide and a -10% penalty to concealment for 3 rounds (18 seconds) when Eagle Eye is activated. This ability improves by an additional -5 hide and -10% conceal penalty for every 4 levels of marksman, with a -25 penalty to hide and a -50% penalty to concealment at level 21. This is an instant cast ability with a 5 round (30 second) cooldown.