The fabled artifact, the Deck of Many Things, has been sighted in the Trinity Region!
Here's how this is going to work...one of the random properties that can be assigned to scrolls by the RNG is "Deck of Many Things X draws." Should you find one of these, you have found the Deck of Many Things. Should you wish to use it, contact me via Discord, on the forums or in-game, and we will set up a time to do your draws.
All draws will be done in the PvP Arena and will be announced on the forum and Discord; spectators are encouraged. Anyone drawing from the Deck must bring a combat ready character; no moving items in or out of storage once draw proceedings have begun. Battles will be decided there and then. Draws will be done using the D20 function in the RP tools. Here is the results table:
1. The Judge - Reverse alignments (I will flip a coin for neutrals. Yes, this may ruin your build, unless you cough up the shards to re-change your alignment).
2. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Defeat one of the four Horsemen (DM will roll a dice to decide which one) in single combat and gain one level or ER to a character of your choice. An additional level or ER will be given for each EX setting.
3. The Bailiff - You are imprisoned in the Dark Lair. You must successfully complete a Dark Lair run (defeat all bosses) before you can use this character again. Friends may help you (standard event rewards will be given to all successful participants).
4. The Blackguard – minus 2 to your 3 highest stats (This will hit your base scores, so it's nasty. It could result in you losing access to feats).
5. The Troll - Get +200 hp and +10 regen forged onto an item (forging will overwrite any values on said item).
6. The Tax – Surrender a set item or crookweave amulet. This can be taken from storage. Misc. set items must be of the greater variety. If you don’t have any such item the DM will take what they consider to be your current strongest equip-able item.
7. The Warden - Lose 500k xp and you must draw again.
8. The Swashbuckler – have Uncanny Dodge crafted onto an item of your choice.
9. The Dragon - All your current equipment becomes ‘cursed’ (The items will be set to "plot" status by the DM and will be unforgeable from then on).
10. The Teacher - Gain 2 million xp to a character of your choice or take two more draws.
11. The Gift - Gain a set item of your choice.
12. The Lottery - Gain 250 shards.
13. The Tax Collector - Immediately lose all gold pieces and items in your inventory (NOT equipped items or banked gold).
14. The Reaper - Defeat Vraczuleas. If you lose the fight you must delete that character (you can unequip & store items, except for cursed Legendaries). Friends may help but for each ally the EX is increased by 1 (standard event rewards will be given to all successful participants; allies will be resurrected).
15. The Mentor - Get +12 to one attribute forged onto an item of your choice.
16. The Rune Master - Gain a Rune of your choice.
17. The Rust Monster - Lose all Uber magic items – any item with a legendary metal on it is lost (Legendary metals will be reset when you are ready to re-forge).
18. The Rogue - Gain 20 ranks in Open Lock, Disable Device and Use Magic Device (DM-forged onto an item of your choice).
19. The Archaeologist - Gain a Crookweave Item of your choice.
20. The Hidden Hoard – Gain a complete Set of your choice OR the Runes: V, W, X, Y, Z.
a) Characters must be at least ER3 and have applied all Legendary metals to use a Deck of Many Things scroll, or Destiny takes no notice of them and nothing happens.
b) Characters must agree to abide by the rules/results of the dice, or I will reduce their level to 1 and use SET SCORE to put all their attributes to 1.
c) In the event of multiple draws (some scrolls I've seen have up to 3,) each draw must be resolved before the next is generated, unless otherwise stated by the DM. If a draw results in the character's inability to continue drawing, the remaining draws are lost, even if the character is later revived/freed/whatever.
Last edited by addict-ant
on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.