Spiders & Pubs

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Chemic_al

Re: Spiders & Pubs

Post#21 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:53 am

Gotta say, as someone who has taken a break from the server and perhaps give a fresher perspective.

The spiders have already changed because EX scaling has changed. They are not "easy" kills, and they take significantly longer to kill - so the XP per minute has already gone down. In fact without a group it's annoyingly long for some characters where it was still effort - that it's discincentived already and reducing XP is just another nail in the coffin.

Anyway, you've removed things like stacking thorns to help with the grind in the spiders. Which now the Ex6 spiders would shrug off is a change that could be reverted as a quality of life aid, but hasn't been.

Whatever changes have been made to spider grind, and the fair XP system again, looks like another nail in making it less rewarding.

For older players that levelled their toons easily, got their set items, wish shards, whatever, it just feels like another smackdown for newbies who won't have the legacy gear to manage there. Is this really what you want? And it does feel like it's relatively easy for those loaded with tons of set items to proffer the idea of a training ground that doesn't give any.
Just make sure the new players don't find out, right? ;)

Brumm

Post#22 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:22 am

Samyx wrote:I'll be honest too. A change that brings nothing more to the majority of players is not worthy. I am not talking about the super elite powerplayers, who are not concerned by whatever happens and can sustain any change. I am concerned about the majority of players who enjoy meeting the others and help them grind their way to heaven, talk with people, trade things, all in one place, then shift elsewhere when the place is no more appropriate for their toons.

I remind you all an example few years ago : I was complaining that the asyrian crypt was a bit boring as a grinding place, wanted more. the result was that this place had its mob number harlved, destroying the interest to go there. What was the goal of this change beyond alienating players ? I still wonder.

So no, Brumm. I agree to the XP fair thing for the long term wellness of the whole server, but I can't agree the grinding/meeting/trading places to be destroyed in the process. Replaced by something with the same spirit "all in the same place" ? ok for me, as you proposed the 2 level cemetaries, why not, that sounds worthy for me if put in place in a reasonable timeframe.

I won't argue about that again. Lets make it short: Just let me know if getting basically the same what you had before is a hard requirement for you so I can stop putting more time into this. I can neither say when we'll release new areas nor can I promise that they will exactly be what you are looking for.

Samyx

Post#23 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Hard requirment is :

- XP grinding
- Item grinding
- A place where many players gather and talk about builds, spells, tweaks, tricks
- A major trading place

....as in my first post.

But before anything is considered, I prefer "you push your change" than "we lose you and for sure lose the server".

I'm just basic.

Brumm

Post#24 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:25 pm

A graveyard with endless spawns at the Trinity Eastern Entrance is already 80% done.

fox

Post#25 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Purrfect!!

Brumm

Post#26 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:03 am

Done and committed. Screenshots are on discord.

Return to “General Discussions”