Spiders & Pubs

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Samyx

Spiders & Pubs

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Hello

Many of us like the spider crypt, for many reasons :
- XP grinding
- Item grinding
- A place where many players gather and talk about builds, spells, tweaks, tricks
- A major trading place

Ok, so it is more a gathering place than a mere crypt. Yet is is located in a far away place which is long to reach, is part of a quest, and so on.

What about the following idea :

- Spider crypts are now accessible through the Port of call tavern in trinity, through a dialog with Falan

- Falan already has a script that checks if players are above level 8 to reach Hlintar, so he could have a second check for players to be at least level 27 to reach crypts => Removes leechers
"Oh, but there is another thing you could do for us ! our sewers below are infested with spidies ! want to help ?"

- When you exit from crypts, you arrive in Port of call tavern, through the doors that goes "below".

- Crypts do not give the lloth tower key anymore, it is given by the tower boss directly, or he ports us directly in the tower place upstairs, or whatever. It has become useless to have two ways to solve this quest indeed, one very short, one with spider fighting.

I propose this having in mind that to gather, people are going to a PUB, not in underdark, and that would shorten the way a bit more.

Well, just an idea ! If devs could tell us if that is a 5 mins change or a painful thing, that would be interesting to know.

What about players ? what do they think ?

Kr Samyx

Chemic_al

Re: Spiders & Pubs

Post#2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 am

Seems emminently reasonable if this is a (relatively) simple thing to do, for all the reasons Samyx listed.

A port straight to the doorway to the crypt through a journal dialogue check would be brilliant come to thnk of it, it is mildly irritating to have to get there from Reeshov port and then run the quest to gain access again even if you have a later journal entry, but not the end of the world if you can bypass the rest.

Tom D

Post#3 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Last weekend Mort put up a temp portal straight to crypts and we got a lot of activity. We were also able to switch toons for when he added special critters to the spawns who were a little more dangerous :).

I think people watch the “players online” and like to join a crypt session and would join more often if it didn’t take as much time to join. Even if people could only join for a short time, it would promote more players and more getting to know each other.

My .02$ anyway. :D

fox

Post#4 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:52 pm

Tom D wrote:
My .02$ anyway. :D

If that is petro money you are -.02$ now :P

KingDanzig

Post#5 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:00 pm

I concur with Samyx. It's a great place to pick up some XP and level some characters to 30, especially when we have gear waiting for them in persistent storage that they can use when they arrive at 30.

Bolt Thrower

Post#6 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Sounds great Sam.

MortisCorpus

Post#7 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm

A couple good ideas recently.

1) make the event server accessible very early. Perhaps after the first Cain fight?

2) add an accessible point of entry to spiders. Perhaps a journal tied access via Brook?
Administrator, Dungeon Master

Aenain

Post#8 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 pm

Mort,

Spider xp value will change a bit when the code changes go live. Not a ton, but won't be quite as valued.

Brumm

Post#9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:36 am

Hello everybody,

Aenain is right about the XP for spiders probably changing after the code rollout. In trade for that different areas might become new grinding hotspots so it might make sense to wait for the rollout and for whatever happens then.

Furthermore I am not very keen on giving players early access to higher journal tied areas because this has the potential to bug your journal quite heavily. We would have to make a lot of changes to make sure that nothing bad can happen and I doubt that this is well invested developer time. Not to mention that it wouldn't make much sense if you look at the story as a whole.

My suggestion would be a little different: We could add one or two new areas where players can grind endlessly. One location for that could be the large field in front of the eastern gate of Trinity. There is enough space to fit a cemetary in where we could spawn endless undead. A crypt could then lead to an area where you get tougher spawns. Would that work for you guys?

Greetings
Brumm

Aenain

Post#10 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:51 am

Brumm,

Personally, I think it would be a bad idea to make a grinding area available to new players right off the bat. It will make the story not matter for leveling if we have high levels there leveling them and will discourage new blood IMO.

Return to “General Discussions”