Nerfing Discussions

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Lady Seline

Re: Nerfing Discussions

Post#31 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:52 am

Nerf Crossbow Sniper

The Rapid reload feat was already buffed and modifed to allow a crossbow to hit the same number of times as a bow, rather than a max of 2 times a round (excluding rapid shot feat).

It gives crossbows an unfair advantage over a bow, rendering the weapons obsolete.

Either change it to Projectile Sniper (and let it work with all bows), remove this feat, or add a bow sniper feat thanks!

konst3d

Post#32 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:24 am

Lady Seline wrote:Nerf Crossbow Sniper

The Rapid reload feat was already buffed and modifed to allow a crossbow to hit the same number of times as a bow, rather than a max of 2 times a round (excluding rapid shot feat).

It gives crossbows an unfair advantage over a bow, rendering the weapons obsolete.

Either change it to Projectile Sniper (and let it work with all bows), remove this feat, or add a bow sniper feat thanks!

I'd rather say - allow this feat (or something similar) to use use with a bow.
Just to make bows\xbows to have better damage that slings\throwing - to compensate the lack of the shield.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

FFF

Post#33 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:41 am

Lady Seline wrote:Nerf Crossbow Sniper

I don't see a problem here.
Players can choose to use a bow or spend more feats and use crossbow with better damage. It's not a free advantage.
Bow should not be a "better version of crossbow", the same damage with less feats - not balanced at all.

fox

Post#34 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:18 am

You crushed my trading empire with nerfing, So what's another set smooshing to me? Well nothing. Who wants a free fight set?

Lady Seline

Post#35 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:12 am

Bow should be a better version of a crossbow actually, bacause crossbows are SIMPLE weapons but bows are MARTIAL.

But regardless, bows are designed to have higher crit multiplier for lower threat range. Same as comparing a great axe to a great sword. That comparison is pretty much the difference there should be between the two.

Crossbows require a feat to get the full attack rate, however are immune to negative strength damage penalties. Bows are inherantly damage penalised for a negative Str character, but dont require rapid reload. They instead require martial weapon proficiency feat. Technicly in P+P crossbows should not be able to get the mighty modifier, however that isnt the case here in NWN2 so...

Making the Sniper feat work on ALL 2 handed projectile weapons was my prefered outcome, or removal of an unfair advantage locking you out of using any bow at all. Ever. Because it will -ALWAYS- be worse.

FFF

Post#36 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 am

Lady Seline wrote:Bow should be a better version of a crossbow actually, bacause crossbows are SIMPLE weapons but bows are MARTIAL.

But regardless, bows are designed to have higher crit multiplier for lower threat range. Same as comparing a great axe to a great sword. That comparison is pretty much the difference there should be between the two.

Crossbows require a feat to get the full attack rate, however are immune to negative strength damage penalties. Bows are inherantly damage penalised for a negative Str character, but dont require rapid reload. They instead require martial weapon proficiency feat. Technicly in P+P crossbows should not be able to get the mighty modifier, however that isnt the case here in NWN2 so...

Making the Sniper feat work on ALL 2 handed projectile weapons was my prefered outcome, or removal of an unfair advantage locking you out of using any bow at all. Ever. Because it will -ALWAYS- be worse.

Martial weapon feat costs nothing for the most of the builds.
PS: in a real life, any human can use crossbows and do a better damage than a honoured master of sports with longbow. So, a higher weapon proficiency requirements and less damage for bows is very logical.

konst3d

Post#37 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:18 am

FFF wrote:PS: in a real life, any human can use crossbows and do a better damage than a honoured master of sports with longbow. So, a higher weapon proficiency requirements and less damage for bows is very logical.

I believe real life has nothing to do with the game.

P.S.
You are also missing the fact, that IRL any archer will fire 3-4 arrows while xbow shooter will fire 1 bolt.
XBows has also bigger weight than bows, so this could mean min STR requirements in game to use.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Return to “General Discussions”