Which damages to add to weapon @ forge?

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Zippy_Zaboo

Which damages to add to weapon @ forge?

Post#1 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Is there a list of damages from "best" (least often resisted) to "worst" (most often resisted)?

three physical (bludgeoning/slashing/piercing)
five elemental (fire/cold/sonic/acid/electric)
four energy (positive / negative / divine / magical)

What is best priority to add them to a weapon at the forge?

konst3d

Re: Which damages to add to weapon @ forge?

Post#2 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:25 pm

My personal choice - divine, magic, electricity. Physical damage types aren't good, sonic is also resisted quite often, skip fire because of flame weapon.
If you aren't going to appy legendary metalls (why bother then?), then also positive is good.

add: I forgot to add acid, it goes after electricity in my rating. But, keep in mind, there is a runeword (quite cheap) that adds 2d8 acid to short swords, daggers and kamas iirc.

And so, here is my final top:

1) divine, magic (and positive for none legendary metals weapons, offhand maybe)
2) electricity, acid, sonic. (sonic for melee only, obviously) (also cold for none legendary metals)
3) anything else, phys. damage types are quite often resisted, same as negative. Fire - resisted and you can have it from flame weapon.
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

kc2345

Re: Which damages to add to weapon @ forge?

Post#3 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:47 am

It would help a lot with recommendations if we knew if the weapon is intended as a mainhaind or offhand, and what weapon type is, but generally k3d's suggestions are valid.

Just note that Storm Avatar adds 3d6 elec to melee MH, and this doesn't stack with forged elec.

Return to “General Discussions”