Halloween Event 2018!

Trading, random questions, rants about your favorite sports team loosing, or anything else!
Countyboar

Halloween Event 2018!

Post#1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Hey All!

I wanted to let you know that Ant and I will be running a special Halloween themed event on Saturday, November 3 at 10 am US New York time (make sure you check your time zones)!

The event is designed so that players of all levels can take part in at least the first chunk of it. So come one come all! There will of course be rewards... Spooky rewards!

Now we’d also like to involve the players in running the event. Ideally, we’ll need 3 players to act as “judges” for part of the event. That means you won’t get to participate in the same way as a “normal” player, but you will get to cast votes/decisions that will impact how the event turns out! And you will be compensated for your time on the judging panel. If you’re interested in being a judge, please message both Countyboar and Addict-Ant on either this forum or discord.

Finally, one part of the event will consist of a best outfit contest among players. If you want to be a contestant, no need to register, simply be there on event day and we’ll instruct you when/where to go. You’ll be judged on how cohesive and cool your costume is. Best outfit wins something :P

As an example, you declare your outfit as a mighty iron-clad Knight. But your actual appearence is some glasses and a robe. You probably won’t impress the judges with that.

Anyways, that’s the gist of it, please don’t hesitate if to ask for more details if needed! Hope to see you this Saturday!

County & Ant

addict-ant

Re: Halloween Event 2018!

Post#2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:14 pm

FYI - 10am New York time on the 3rd Nov.2018 = 2pm London time = 3pm Paris time

Afraid i dont know many more except to say that due to differences in when EU/US move the clocks (daylight savings), the usual difference of 5 hours between NY and London is shortened for this week only to 4 hours.

Inasogard

Post#3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm

I know its to late now, but as to the costume outfit. An older serer I played on had a tailor that would allow you to change virtually every piece of your outfit. Left and Right shoulder, left and right everything pretty much. You could also pick a color for those pieces as we.. Was some really cool looking players, not many looked the same.

Is that tailor still available and if so, what are the chances we have it put into Trinity? I used to spend about an hour on every toon I made to give them that unique look.

addict-ant

Post#4 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:06 pm

There is indeed a tailor - there are several dotted about in the arcane shops, one in Trinity Town Centre on the right hand side of the map.

Inasogard

Post#5 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:42 am

Sorry, I was a bit vague on that post. I know about the tailor in trinity. I guess my question is are all the tailors the same? or do some offer other types of looks.

What I was saying about the older server I played on, was the tailor their had so many options to choose from you could spend an hour messing around with your character. Every piece had multiple options with a color grid to change its color. You could have 2 different shoulder types, one red, one blue etc.

Like monk robes now. Except you could pick any color for the chest and any color for the belt / outline features.

Thanks for the response Ant. Hope this explains it a bit better

Tom D

Post#6 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Just a quick post to thank Ant and County for putting on the event! It was a blast!

konst3d

Post#7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 am

Yes, that was brilliant, thank you guys!
Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

Countyboar

Post#8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:19 am

I'd like a remind everyone to take a moment to pay their respects to Abra's brother. Or maybe not so much his brother, but rather his brother's build. Who chooses to go STR TWF build on an illithid?

In any case, glad you enjoyed!

addict-ant

Post#9 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 am

Cheers guys, though props must go to County as the whole thing was his idea *salutes*

Return to “General Discussions”